Part 4 Who Is He?

"Huff... Huff... Finally!" I let out a call after we got to the blimp.

"Girls, the blimp will now depart from Botan," Mr. Silverheart operates the blimp, it starts to float back to the palace.

"So what's our record for tonight?"

"14 minutes 36 seconds, you both can do better than this, what took you so long?"

"My carelessness, again." I sigh deeply inside while looking down at my feet.

"Do be more cautious about that, Queen. Looks like you've got yourself into two troubles this time, eh?"

"Yes, Mr. Silverheart."

"What is it about this time?"

"Um..."

"A boy and boy love drama?" Ai tease while laughing.

"What?" Mr. Silverheart is confused by her words.

"No! That's not- not true! Ai! Don't- no! Ugh!!!" I just fall onto the ground. Ai reminded me of that gross feeling again. Joker carrying a boy (me), and Ai just looks like she's shipping that.

"Pfft! Alright, I'm sorry Queen. But I just can't help thinking about it." She says and gives her usual pretty smile.

"Okay then... So be careful next time. You girls go and get some rest, I'll make our way back."

"Thank you!" I keep my equipments back to the room and go into another room prepared for our rest.

"Here you go Queen," Ai says as she hands me a cup of tea.

"Thank you, Ai!" I accept it happily.

Just as I'm taking a sip of the tea, Ai blurted out,"If I'd recall, that's not the first time Kaitou Joker carry you bridal-style is it? So, did you enjoy it?  'Kaitou King'?" I almost spit, but that's really rude, so I just try my best to keep it back.

"Ai! That's not true! Even if that's the second time he carry me, that doesn't mean I'll like him! Plus, I can't let anyone find out the Kaitou King is actually a girl!"

"Well... if you say so." She just smile and shrugs.

On the road, I can't stop thinking about what happened just now, even though I tried not to think about it. Ai just mentioned it once and I think about it like, several times non-stop. As I think about it, I feel as if that warmth is still embracing me. While having the thought of it, I blush like mad immediately. It's a good thing Ai's asleep, so she won't be able to see me blushing then tease me again. But that scene just keep on replaying in my mind. Who is he... ...?

For an instance, I have a flashback of how he carry me like that before. That night when we're all running away from the policemen after I got the treasure.

"Ha! The treasure is mine! Sorry Joker, I think you're still far behind me!" I reach the treasure high in my hand and with a wave, I start to escape.

"You think? With an injured leg?"

"Of course! See you next ti-"

"Watch out!" The next thing I know, he's carrying me bridal-style.

Maybe, because of his speed, for that instance our faces are so close to each other. Through his mask, I can only see those blue eyes full of determination. My cheeks reddened a little.

Then with those eyes, in a firm voice, he says,"You're as careless as always. Just be more aware of your surroundings. If you want to brag to me you got the treasure, just make sure you're in a safe place."

"Um... Yes.."

"Hmm?" He noticed that he stepped onto something, then the walls near us started shooting needles at us. Probably another trap.

"Hold on tight!" He dodges the needles swiftly, then as fast as he can, he starts escaping.

"Hmph. Look what you've gotten us into!" He mocked.

"He-hey!! I didn't ask for your help! Plus, you're the one who stepped onto the trap's switch!"

"So, you mean you'd rather die there cause you don't want my help? And blame me after I've helped you? It's a good thing you're not that heavy than I expected."

"What the--?! Are you calling me 'fat'?!!!"

"I didn't."

After a while, we had escaped from the traps and policemen successfully.

"Thank you. Just put me down now." I turn my head to another side, not wanting to meet his gaze.

"What? This is what I get for helping you out? I can only get a cold respond... How cruel of you!" He said in mocking manner.

"Ugh. Alright, fine. I'll just get down by myself!" I try to get down from his arms, but as I'm trying to walk freely like I use to,"Ugh!" I can't stabilize my balance because of my injured leg. But the warm hug still came from my behind again and prevented me from falling. What is wrong with me? I blushed madly.

"You ok?"

"I am fine. Thank you." I try to fight the pain in my leg, trying to walk back. Until I saw Ai.

"Um... I'll help you out with that King." She just smile and help me go back to the blimp.

"Thank you, Joker! For taking care of our Kaitou King~" Ai waved at him.

"Wait! What's with the 'thanks for taking care of me'??!!!"

"Hee hee..." Ai laughed at me.

That night at the blimp, Ai just made fun of me in every way whenever she mentioned what she saw.

That story is so long ago! I can't believe I'd still remember this awkward moment! But those blue eyes... they reminded me of someone. Someone I met when I'm little, I think?

Shaking the thought off my head, I try to fall asleep near the window.