Part 14 A Dancing Disaster

"There's this Limberio Pearl in the castle of Lydia. At (55,60) from the center of the room as origin. It belongs to Emerald kingdom, but after the fire incident it somehow was kept here until almost everyone forgot about it. You'll be getting it near midnight and I'll send the advanced noticed out for you."

"Yes, Mr. Silverheart." He bows before leaving the room. I gaze out the window aimlessly with my hands busy working on a flower garland. Maybe I can..

"As a thief... as a princess... as a thief..." I pluck out the flower petals one by one to try to choose my fate of which character should I be during the night.

"Ugh. That won't work..." I still have to steal the treasure yet I still have to greet the guests.

Maybe we'll see about that...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The night have finally come, my stomach is full of butterflies. I really need to find a good excuse to go and grab the treasure. And that Kaitou Joker better not show up.

"Princess Queen of the Emerald Kingdom!" I curtsy at the people then give out a short speech to show our family's appreciation towards the other royal families and subjects. Then music starts to play and people start to chat and dance. I can only look around at the crowd.

Prince Jack please be here soon, please be here soon. I chanted the sentence over and over in my head whilst looking around. Their family haven't been announced yet, he hasn't come yet.

"May I have this dance, Princess?" A slender man in a blue tuxedo and a matching hat walks up and offers me his hand. I panick and look around, Jack hasn't arrive yet. But I only get a questioning look from father.

"But I'm not that much of a dance--"

"That'll be a yes then." I am pulled right into the dance pool. My stomach is spinning harder when the people around form a circle for us.

"But now they're all looking at us..." I can only whisper.

"How bad can that be?" He whispers back and we started dancing. Because of the uncertainty, I can't help myself but step on his feet a couple of times. Snickers come from the crowd as if they're laughing at me, the worst dancer. I still feel bad for the man, although he's wearing a mask, he didn't  complain even after what I did. The music comes to an end, so is our dance. "You can do better, thank you, Princess Queen." His blue eyes shine at me. I can't help but feel bad for what I did to him."Sorry." The whisper is all I can say.

"The family of Jones Kingdom have arrived!" Ah, thank goodness Jack is finally here. But after the dance just now, I don't feel like dancing again. So I make a bee-line towards the food area.

"Ahahaha! Is that really what a royal is supposed to be?" A girl's voice comes from my back.

"How can commoners be royals? Even if she's from the royal bloodline, she's still a commoner girl in her bones!" Another girl speaks up.

"Oh not like that, Sandy. Look at Becky, she's a commoner, but she's like, a hundred times, no, a thousand times better, than that long lost princess!" Another girl replies to her two friends. Oh, I see now. They're the three friends from another village. Becky, Sandy and Mel.

"Why thank you, Mel, my loyal maid!" Becky, the first girl to speak laughs amusingly.

"She's just the worst dancer, like, in the world! Am I right, Becky?" Sandy imitates her friend, Mel.

"Of course, if I am the long lost princess, I'll make sure that everything in my bedroom and my castle is pink! And, glittery! And when I become the ruler of the kingdom, I'll make sure they all celebrate Becky Day every week. Every Friday, cause, I like Friday! And oh, I'll invite you two over and we'll have all-day tea parties whenever we want!"