Part 10 Rose Full of Thorns

Jack's POV

I give myself another deep sigh before stepping into the dinning room. Sure enough, the most annoying girl in the world is seated next to my usual spot.

"I see." Mother isn't that comfortable with her around as well. She has been inviting herself to our family's dinner and castle for too many times. But not to be rude, we still have to accept her "invitation".

"You know, Your Majesty. Our castle is rebuilding again to make it larger and the garden is going to be five times larger than the old one. I think I should make them plant roses, for that's the emblem of our kingdom. Oh, you all should come to see how majestic it is. My father even build me another bedroom that's the biggest room in the whole castle, not to mention, the biggest of all of our kingdom! Oh, Jack, you're finally here! Come sit here! We can talk more!"

"Oh." That's all I can say. This girl is too irritating.

"Oh,where am I? Yes,what do you think about the bedroom I told you earlier? Isn't it fantastic?"

"Um, that's very generous of your father." Even my father isn't that concern about her stuffs. Who would be concerned about this girl's stuffs anyway. She may be rich but not as wealthy as our tri-kingdom. The worst part is that she's a bragger. Just... seriously... She didn't even think about how funny is that she's showing off her wealth to the second wealthiest family of the seven main kingdoms.

She lets out her satisfying laugh that sounds more like a broken picolo. My ears hurt a lot...

Oh, pardon moi, but this annoying girl is Roselina R. Roseland. The daughter of Roseland. Yes, Roseland is famous for roses. If you step into their land, it's not weird to see roses planted everywhere.

King and I hate this girl very much, so we always call her "Triple R" when we're talking without her around. I just don't understand, since the other six royal families can all behave well and polite, why can't she? She may look polite, but she isn't really that type of person if you know more about her. Probably because she's a spoiled child. Poor her.

I finish my dinner as fast as I can to excuse myself from Triple R.

"I'm done eating, I'll go and have a rest, mother."

"But aren't you staying for some ice creams?"

"No thanks, mother," I quickly make a bee-line towards the exit. Even if I can get out from there... "Jack! Wait for me!" Yes, Triple R is grabbing her hem and running towards me. When we're outside the dinning room, she opens her fan with a loud streak, holds her nose highly and that "princess-diagnose" of hers starts going all over her. "Hmph! How rude of you as a gentleman to leave a pretty princess like me!" I give out several times of fake coughs. Pretty? Excuse me.

I ignore her and continue my walk back to my room.

"H-hey! Are you being rude?"

"What? Am I?" I stop my footsteps for the while and turn my head to her.

"Of course you are! Firstly, leaving me at the dinning table by myself and secondly! Ignoring me like that! What type of noble do you even call yourself as?"

"Well, what type of noble even invite herself to other people's places to brag?" I continue my way back there, tired of having her around.

"Excuse moi. Prince Jack! Where are you going?"

"My bedroom of course," I turn the knob of my bedroom door and quickly shut it as I enter before she can continue her sentence.

Phew. That's a close one. I get the garland from my desk and look at it. It may be easy but the types of flowers made the garland looks so special. She used daisies and freesias. I wanted to know the meaning of the flowers and I wanted to know more about Queen from the twins, so I clutch it gently as I can and ready to go and meet them. As I open the door, that familiar voice strucks right into my ears. "Hmph! Now you get out!"

I try to make my way to the twins' place but Triple R keeps on blocking my way. "Roselina, I need to..."

"Oh, I'm feeling a bit bored here. Yes, why don't we hang out at your castle's garden? Let's hang out there, just you and me! Let us go there now!"

"But I need to---"

"No buts, we're going to have a nice time there!" She pulls me by my arm without letting me saying anything. Looks like I'll have to meet the twins later.

At the garden, she sits by the fountain we used to meet when we're little. If it isn't because of her busy father, she wouldn't have been here those times to grind her time alone. Her mother passed away when she was five so she was always lonely especially when her father is busy going all around Roseland. She chose to come over to Jones Kingdom when her father was out working. But her spoiled princess manner makes many people hate her.

I sit on a marble bench and open my palms, with the garland on them. Then I am called back to world with Triple R standing and waving in front of me. "Bonjooooooooouuuuuuur??? Prince Jack? Are you even listening to what I am talking about?"

"Pardon?"

"I said, your gardeners should plant more roses!"

"Why? The plants here are looking fine like how they are."

"Exactly! That's the problem! You should have realized that earlier! Oh, pardon moi, you should've just asked me to help you design your castle's garden. For years I've been here but your garden only have less than a patch of roses? Ridiculous! Your garden should be full of roses like how mine is."

"But the flowers here are just fine with us, there's no n---"

"Pl-ease! Roses are the best flowers you should know! Just talking about people who don't know flowers well like you..." She sees the garland I have in my hands and quickly moves to another topic.

"What's that you got in your hands? A garland?" She picks it up and looks at it."Are you a ten years old or what? Playing with a flower garland. And ew! What are these? Daisies and freesias? How low ranked are these flowers! You know, if you wanted to make a garland, use roses! They're the best! But where do you get this from?" She then drops it back into my hand.

"I got this from a girl I met this morning, she said to let me keep it as a hello gift. I really appreciate her gift." I look into the garland and her smile appears there. That's a beautiful smile.

"A girl, huh? You know royals do not accept this type of cheap-o from a commoner? Just remember, your charm isn't for those types of girls. It should be for royal princesses that is so perfect like me, got it? What if the commoners out there all think that it's fine to give you cheap gifts like this one?"

"But she's no commoner, she's a princess too."

"A princess? I believe she casted a spell or some illusions on you. Here, give it to me. I'll help you get rid of that nasty cheap thing!" She snatches it away from my hand again. But I'm not going to let her to.

"Roselina!" I start to lose my temper. I'm really sick of her same attitudes for those years until now. "She is a princess!"

She remains shock for a while as I continue,"You just haven't meet her in person yet!"

"Oh, well, hmph! Well, what type of princess is she to make such ridiculous garlands like this? Didn't she know these aren't high ranked flowers? Also, which princess is she? Daughter of Lantida? She said she's allergic to flowers! The other kingdoms daughters are married and some know nothing about flowers! This girl you met is probably a fake! You must've been casted an illusion by her! She's--"

"The daughter of Emerald!" I cannot hold my temper back anymore.

"Pah! You're talking nonsense! When did King Emerald ever had a daughter?"

"He did. If it isn't because of that fire!" Triple R is totally shocked at that moment.

"S-so what? What's so special about her! She isn't that important anyway!"

"But she treated others nice, and if you'll excuse me,"I grab back the garland and make my way to the twins' place.

Triple R just stood there, stunned. "So, the daughter of Emerald, hmm? I'll show you who's the truly gorgeous princess around here! I'll also show you that Jack is mine!" She mumbles in a low voice while staring at the pieces of flowers that fell onto the ground when she snatched the garland.

"Jack deserves better presents than your worthless gifts! Jack deserves the best princess and that is me!" She steps on the pieces of flowers and leave.