XXXVIII. The mystery ✨

Recap ~
Titli.

"ArShi's marriage is fixed in a month

"ArShi's marriage is fixed in a month." Shivaay and Anika broke out the news to their family in excitement and everyone were happy hearing them. It was the first younger generation wedding in both the families. Khushi was happy that her father was involved in her wedding discussions, indeed her brother could do anything for her happiness.
"Thank you, Papa." Khushi told walking upto her father.
"Be happy, Khushi." Tej told hearing his daughter address him 'Papa' after years and Khushi hugged him tightly. It was a wonderful feeling for a father and a daughter as well. Everyone smiled seeing the duo.

"Dadi, is there any reason why you call Anika as Titli?" Shivaay asked as he reached his grandmother's room that night. Taking a couple of minutes, she spoke nervously chuckling "When you have the habit of addressing people by animals and insects, why can't I? I'm your grandmother."
"Is that the truth?" He asked not knowing if that was the real reason and she held his ears playfully, "You find out the truth then. Now get out billu, I have Geeta class to attend."

"I'm sorry, billu. I didn't want to lie to you, neither do I want to reveal the truth. It may affect your relationship with Anika and I don't want that to happen. You both should stay happy always." Dadi told to herself but it was heard by someone else who stood outside the room. Can you guess who it was? ;)

"Papa, do I know Shivaay already? Before I even met through OmRi?" Anika asked as she laid on her father's lap while he didn't know how to answer her.
"When I addressed him Shiv, I felt it was not the first time." She genuinely told what she felt and Raj nervously chuckled "Why would it be the first time Anu?! You would have addressed him like that many a times in your dreams."
"Very funny. I really don't understand how Shivaay came in my dreams? And why? I have not known him ever before." She again told and Raj replied "I just know that Shivaay was in your destiny. How he came in your dreams, you should only know. What he did in your dreams also you should only know." He winked at her and she punched his tummy playfully.

"I'm sorry Anu. You know Shivaay already but I can't say this to you. I don't want you to get hurt in anyway. I may sound selfish but this is for you own good." He thought as he caressed his daughter's hairs while she slept peacefully.

What was the mystery that the Aroras and Oberois were hiding from Shivaay and Anika? What would happen if it got revealed!? Would you like to know it? ;)

"Mr.Pranay, have you got any information?" Shivaay asked his private investigator whom he hired to find out the truth of the Aroras and Anika.
"Yes sir. We have got an information that Ms.Anika is not Mr.Aroras daughter. We are trying to find out Ms.Anika's background, please give us some more time and we'll get back to you." Pranay told and Shivaay was flabbergasted hearing him.

That was when he linked to what Tej told about his girlfriend, Anika was not rich and he was about to say she was an orphan but dadi stopped him the other day. He couldn't digest what he heard, he ran to Anika's room to find her sitting on the bed lost in thoughts. Hugging her tightly, a tear escaped his eye and Anika was surprised by this sudden gesture of his.

"Everything fine Shivaay?" Anika asked embracing him in her arms but didn't get back any response from him.
"My boyfriend is not in the mood to leave me I guess!" She told and he parted smiling weakly at her.
"Sorry I just..." His voice trailed off and Anika hugged him again, "You needn't be."
"Is everything alright?" She asked and he nodded caressing her cheeks "I'm proud of you." as he thought how brave she was for what she was today.
"I'm proud of myself too!" She chuckled and he laughed.

It was a big day for Shivaay, his restaurant was launching that day and everyone seemed busy except Tej who was not included in their celebrations.

"Tej uncle, you want something? Is there anything I can do?" Anika asked as she noticed him looking at her.
"Thanks." He simply told when she asked back softly "For?"
"For thinking about my son's happiness." He said not in a very stern voice and she smiled in response "Thank you."
"For?" He asked surprised by her response and she told, "For accepting your son's dreams."

Noticing the duo, Shivaay walked upto them thinking if Tej was troubling Anika in someway. His father left as he reached them and Shivaay looked at her waiting for her to talk but she simply smiled instead.

"Won't you say anything?" He asked raising his eyebrows and she shook her head not before shrugging her shoulder.
"Well, he would have just troubled you." He told rolling his eyes when she held his shoulder and looked at him saying, "He told thanks for thinking about your happiness. He's not as bad as you think, he is you father Shiv!"

Shivaay was surprised hearing her. How could Mr.Oberoi thank someone? Was he in his senses?

"Shivaay, there is something I wanted to say." Anika told, suddenly her voice falling low and Shivaay nodded, his eyes showering concern.
"I'm not an Arora." She told, her voice breaking. Continuing, she looked away from him "I meant to say I was orphaned at five and Ma papa adopted me."
A lone tear escaped her and Shivaay just hugged her, not before rubbing his cheek against hers. She just felt peace in his arms, it was like heaven.

"Tej uncle is not bad, maybe he had situations Shivaay. Even if he is, he is still your father. He loves you!" She said sniffing in between while Shivaay understood how much she missed her parents. She just wanted him to be happy and accept his father, she didn't want him to go through her pain.