XXIII. Heart skipped a beat ✨

Recap ~
Beast man.

In the study, Anika was busy giving some final touch ups for her paintings when Shivaay reached her

In the study, Anika was busy giving some final touch ups for her paintings when Shivaay reached her. Greeting her casually, he spoke "Anika I'm planning to start up a restaurant."
"Really Shivaay?" Anika eyes twinkled in delight when he smiled nodding.
"It's a celebration then." Anika said and continued "I need a branch in New York as well." making him chuckle.
"I'm serious." She pouted and he brought his face close to hers and spoke, "When I'm with you, why do you need a branch Anika?" making her cheeks flush unknowingly.

Shivaay and Anika felt butterflies in their stomachs, they couldn't understand what they felt for each other but they definitely felt wonderful and happy being with each other.

"Wait did we hear branch?!" Khushi and Dadi entered the study while the other two thanked God that they didn't see them and just heard them instead.
"I'm gonna spill the beans." Anika spoke excitedly and told them about Shivaay's plan to start a restaurant.
"OMG Bhaiyya is starting a food business? Finally." Khushi hollered in her excitement while Dadi blessed his grandson happily. Shivaay was discussing his plan in detail, with his ladies when they heard a loud shrill from the hall.

"Billu, you are not coming down. None of you are! I'm not gonna let Tej spoil my grandson's dream, at least not this time." Dadi spoke sternly and left to deal with her son while Shivaay sighed in disappointment.
"We are gonna start a restaurant for sure, Shivaay." Anika said passing an assuring smile to him.

Late that evening, Anika was lazing on her bed when she received a call from her father. Talking about the happenings of the day, Anika spoke of Shivaay's plan as well.
"I'm so happy for Shivaay, papa." Anika genuinely said making Raj smile, "I'm happy for you, darling."
"For me? What did I do!?" Anika chuckled to which he answered, "My Son-in-law shared his happiness with my daughter. You are his first thought, he is in love with you!"
Anika took sometime to process her father's words, "Raj, you just overthink a lot."
"Well I just thought. Maybe it's time for you to think now." He said before he hung the call.

Anika was completely lost in thoughts, her dad's words affecting her more than ever. Was her feeling named love? Was she important to him? Why was she not able to understand the chaos in her heart?

She was disturbed by Shivaay, the one who is the reason behind her thoughts in mind and chaos in heart.
"Anika?" He called out to her for the n-th time but didn't get back any response. This time he whispered huskily in her ears "Lost in my thoughts?!"
Feeling his hot breath that brought chills down her spine, she turned in his direction, their noses touching each other's as she confessed "Yes..."

Shivaay was lost in her hazel brown eyes and so was Anika, in his bluish grey eyes. After several minutes, Anika broke their eye lock and stuttered as she spoke "Sorry Shivaay, my answer was n-no."
"Oh my heart is bleeding." Shivaay told, dramatically hitting his chest making her chuckle.

"Is everything alright, Anika?" He asked after a minute or two, holding her hand out of concern and she fell blank as she thought "No Shivaay, you created the chaos in my heart and you yourself are asking."
"Yeah Shivaay." She smiled hiding her thoughts but Shivaay definitely understood she wasn't telling the truth.
"Okay if you say so. Come let's go!" saying he took her hand when she asked bewildered "But where Shiv..."
Before she could ask any further, he put his finger on her lips saying "Shh... You will get to know!"

Their trip was a silent one, unlike others. Stopping in the middle of the road, Shivaay opened the door for her to get down. She was still confused seeing the dark but not from far, she could hear the sound of waves, just like that of a beach.

"Welcome to my favorite spot." Shivaay spoke as he lead her to the beach. It was deserted, unlike other beaches around Mumbai. Embracing the cold breeze hitting against their bodies, Anika and Shivaay settled themselves in the beach shore, the waves hitting their feets gently.

"What is the occasion to bring me here?" She asked smiling mischievously.
"What do you think?!" He asked reflecting her smile back.
"Are you going to kidnap me or something?" She asked dramatically making him chuckle, "Yes, I'm planning to capture you in my heart." He said smiling cheekily making her cheeks turn crimson red. Her heart was already confused about her feelings, yet it fluttered in happiness hearing him.
"Can't believe billuji knows to captivate hearts." She said making his cheeks flush. Do both realize they are affecting each other a lot?

"Thank you, Anika." He spoke after a whole minute of silence and continued "You made me realize dreams can be turned to reality anytime." making her smile.
"What about your dream? Will you tell me about the guy or not?!" He suddenly asked making her go blank, yet again.

How can she talk about the guy who comes in her dream when he is sitting right next to her?

"You were the one to ask this question when we played the Two shots game?!" She asked her eyes widening in horror.
"Yes, of course." He smiled cheekily and she wasn't able to talk any further.
"Well even if you don't tell me, I will find out and make your dream turn to reality, I promise." He smiled at her making her heart skip a beat.

Don't you forget to vote and comment on this chapter

Don't you forget to vote and comment on this chapter. ❤️✨