I. Fall in love with her ✨

New York, the city of dreams

"We are late!" A man in his mid fifties almost shouted walking impatiently in the hall when a guy, looking ravishingly handsome came out of his room casually

"Dad, we still have two hours for the event to start!" He groaned to which his father spoke back seriously, "You know the traffic boy. I can't be late for my daughter's biggest event! Where is your mom?"

"I'm here Raj!" He heard his wife from behind and he asked in return, sounding annoyed "Do you remember that we should attend my daughter's event Naina?"
"Do you remember she is my daughter as well?!" She snapped at him in response.

After several minutes of hearing their argument, they heard their son saying, "You guys keep fighting for my sister. I'm leaving!"
They stopped him, almost hollering together "Arnav! We aren't fighting. Okay we are sorry, let's go before it is too late."

The clock struck half past five and they reached the trade center where the event was taking place. Nirvana, the Art Exhibition.

"Bhai did they fight again?!" They heard a cheerful voice from behind them when Arnav told rolling his eyes, "You know how these two are Anu!"
"Crazy." the girl chuckled when her mother held her ears playfully.
"We are crazy, right?!" Naina asked again and their children giggled in response.
"I think she meant only you Naina!" Raj said joining his children while Naina spoke sarcastically, "Yeah yeah she meant only me, you are way past that Raj!"

The four laughed out happily, followed by a tight hug. It was a beautiful family moment.

"Miss.Anika you are expected to be at the backstage! The event is going live in a couple of minutes." One of the organizers reached out to her when she acknowledged and left.

The exhibition was a grand success.

"How happy are you Miss.Anika?! This is your biggest event till date and is the most successful art exhibition." A reporter during the press conference asked her to which she smiled answering, "I have always been happy, either it be a small/big event or a successful/ unsuccessful exhibition."

"You have been one of the finest painters, to say you are one of the most successful artists in the recent years. What are your thoughts about it?!" Another reporter asked and she replied back confidently, "I would say I'm just a passionate artist, painting my heart out. And about success, it is a broad term and is not limited to one!"

"Who or what made you a painter?!" She heard another question while she flaunting her paintbrush in the air, said "Maya, my best friend! I might sound crazy, who names a paintbrush after all! I did when my brother gave it to me when I was five. Maybe he knew my destiny was with this. Thank you Bhai!"

The crowd cheered and gave a huge round of applause as Arnav hugged his sister, Anika tightly.

___

That night in the Arora mansion, Anika was sitting in her study lost in thoughts when she heard a knock at the door.

"My Anu is all grown up." She heard her most favorite voice from behind. Running to her father who was at the entrance, she wrapped her arms around his stomach.
"Yeah yeah you have grown up too Raj!" She laughed hitting his tummy and he joined her, "But not more than your mother."
"Only if mom heard this!" She said with a mischievous smile, making him ask back "Why are you always excited about us fighting?!"
"Because I see love in those fights." She said admiring her father.

"Aha my daughter is talking about love and all!" He said sounding curious, and asked "Someone in my daughter's heart?!"
"Yes." Anika told casually and he asked back a way too excited, "Who is it?!"
"Raj, naam toh suna hi hoga! (you must have heard the name!)" She finished to hear back an answer instantly, "Yes, I did. That handsome young man, right? You are too old for him, Anu."
"Dad!" She exclaimed, but soon bursted out laughing.

"I should be the first one to know about your love!" Raj spoke caressing his daughter's cheeks and she nodded, saying "Of course you would be the first. Maya is helping me find my dream guy anyway!"
"Interesting. Can I see him?" He asked excited, yet again.
"Dad, don't get too excited. I just started, it would take time. Now go, I have to continue!" saying she lightly pushed him to leave her room.
"I'm not disturbing you then!" He winked at her before he actually left.

Laying on the couch nearby, she thought about the unknown face that came in her sleep every night. It had been happening for a quite a while then, she didn't know who was in picture but she knew that face always brought happiness in her dreams.

In another part of the world, a man in his late twenties was drinking espresso watching the news when his eye caught hold of the name scrolling down the channel, "Anika..." He murmured to himself. Before he could read any further, a loud thunder lead to a power cut in the house.

"God!" He almost hollered, out of impatience, "I can't see news also peacefully!"

Was this irritation for not seeing the news or not seeing the name any longer?

"Bhai!" His sister exclaimed from downstairs when he left to her hurriedly.
"Everything all right Khushi?" He asked to which his sister twirled him in happiness.
"Anika!" She said still excited over something.
"Anika..." Shivaay thought again as he heard his sister.

"She is a famous artist and I'm a big fan of her paintings. She is coming to London for her exhibition next week!" She said and her brother replied smiling at her, "Good for you."
"Just good? You will fall in love with her if you see her!" She said and continued to ramble while Shivaay looked back flabbergasted hearing her.
"I'm damn excited bhaiyya!" She said once again hugging her brother tightly and he reciprocated back smiling at his sister's excitement.

Precap ~
It's just the eyes.

How did you all like the first chapter? Do comment and let me know. I'm excited to bring this work of mine to you all, something different from my other stories. Hope you all love the book like my other books.

Manya. ❤️