XX. Heard my heart ✨

Recap ~
Progression.

Recap ~Progression

"Good morning Ms.Secret admirer." A message popped up on her phone screen as Anika got up that morning. Smiling as she read the text, she texted back "Morning Mr.Handsome."

Freshening up, Anika didn't find Shivaay in the dining along with the others. This definitely disheartened her but the next minute she received another text message, "Don't you look for me, at office now. Will be back in sometime."
"He just heard my heart." She smiled.

"How did you enjoy with Tia yesterday?!" Anika asked smirking as Shivaay entered her room that noon.
"I had a wonderful time." He fake smiled making Anika chuckle.
"Shall we discuss about the exhibition preparations?!" He asked taking a minute or two to which she nodded in acknowledgement.

They were in a deep conversation about the preparations but Shivaay felt distracted every now and then.
"Are you all right?!" Anika asked placing a hand on his shoulder and he said sighing sadly, "I guess."
"Is something bothering you Shivaay? You can share if you feel like." She asked again to which he smiled saying, "I wouldn't lie to you, it's just that I'm upset over few things."
"If you are, then don't be upset for the entire day just for few minutes of the bad time you had!" She told making him smile again.

"Now can I get an ice cream?!" She asked out of the blue moon to which he said, "Sure, but all of sudden?"
"I deserve to get an icecream after sharing my valuable philosophy with you!" She said letting him chuckle as he said, "Let's go then."

Sitting by the lawn that evening, Khushi was busy talking to her grandmother when Anika joined them.

"Anika, where have you been the whole day? I was searching for you." Khushi asked casually to which Anika replied smirking in the best way possible, "I was in Oberoi mansion only, you were busy lost in my brother's dreams that you didn't even notice me."
"Anika..." Khushi called out to her much embarrassed when Dadi and Anika laughed.
Before she could speak any further, her phone screen showed the caller name, Arnav.
"Say hi to Bhai!" Anika chuckled as they saw Khushi walking away hurriedly to attend her call.

Talking about the day's happenings, Anika sighed sadly "Shivaay seemed disturbed today."
"His father was the reason." Dadi said sounding low, "Tej can never understand anyone, not even his own son."
While Anika silently waited for Dadi to continue, she spoke "Shivaay wanted to pursue a degree in culinary arts but his father wanted him to pursue MBA. His dreams were just smashed."

Anika felt bad for what happened with Shivaay but she knew this definitely could not be the reason for his relationship with his father then.

Parents should never force their dreams and thoughts on their children, right?

Wishing Dadi for the night, Anika was walking slowly back to her room lost in thoughts when she hit Shivaay who was on his way to meet his grandmother.
"Are you fine Anika?" Anika felt concern in his voice and she hugged him in response. This did surprise Shivaay but he didn't hesitate to embrace her in his arms.
"Coffee?!" She asked parting from him to which he raised his eyebrows saying, "Saira bano only!" making her chuckle.

The next two days were hectic for Anika as she had to finish her paintings, there was just another week left for her exhibition and stay in India. 

"Anika, shall we go?" Shivaay asked as he entered her room to which she frowned, "I'm not done yet."
"That's okay, you still have time." Shivaay assured but she shook her head, "No Shivaay, I need to finish this by today!"
"I will postpone our plan for tomorrow then." He smiled and Anika felt guilty for spoiling the night.

As she finished her work, Shivaay patiently sat in one corner of the room watching her.
"Finally!" Anika sighed as she saw the canvas filled with beautiful colors.
"Splendid." Shivaay spoke admiring the painting as he walked to her.
"Thank you and really sorry for spoiling the plan, Shivaay." Anika apologized to which he smiled saying, "We can still make it up with a cup of coffee and some time of yours."
"All my time is yours!" She replied smiling.

Sipping their espressos and Anika munching some chocolate cookies made by Shivaay, they sat in the balcony enjoying the weather and breeze.

"Shivaay why don't you start a restaurant?!" Anika asked casually when he looked back at her surprised.
"I'm serious, these choco cookies are heaven." Anika said as she took some more.
"Thank you for the compliment." Shivaay smiled.
"When you top business despite being least interested in it, what will you be when you do something you are passionate about?!" She asked when he lost himself in thoughts.
"I'm not sure if I have the right to talk about your personal life but as a friend of yours, I would tell you to take the path which makes you happy!" She said when he instantly hugged her.
"You have every right, Anika." He said making her smile.