XXVIII. Stay with me ✨

Recap ~
Real charm.

"Hey guys!" Tanya greeted Shivaay and Anika cheerfully as she reached the exhibition while Shivaay got a mini heart attack hearing his fan girl's voice

"Hey guys!" Tanya greeted Shivaay and Anika cheerfully as she reached the exhibition while Shivaay got a mini heart attack hearing his fan girl's voice. After a two minute chitchat about the event, "Coffee time?" Tanya asked Shivaay, glancing at her watch to which he told, nervously smiling at her "I stopped drinking coffee, Tanya."
Hearing him, Anika was about to burst out laughing but stopped herself seeing his alluring eyes pleading her not to.

"You stopped drinking coffee huh?" Anika asked him, with a mischievous smile on her lips as Tanya left to attend an important call and he announced sighing in relief, "I need a doppio, now!" making her laugh.

To note, Doppio - Double shot Espresso.

It was a wonderful evening for Anika, indeed it was her first exhibition in India but the love shown by the people who visited her exhibition was exceptional. Being a known face to the world, the press reached there having tons of questions for her.

"How are you liking the exhibition in India?" They asked and she smiled genuinely replying, "Loving it! Just feels like home."
Finishing off a couple of questions more from them regarding her exhibition, Anika was asked about her relationship with the Oberois and the Shivaay Singh Oberoi. The press definitely noticed something going on between them, and were curious to know what it was.

"Well, the Oberois are family to me." Anika told with a smile at the end but the press wanted to know more about her relationship with Shivaay. It was hard to accept what was between them, she realised they were more than just friends.

Raj and Naina seemed upset, maybe after hearing Anika. Noticing them, she was not sure what was going on with her parents but before she could speak any further, Tej announced in front of the media "There is a girl in Shivaay's life." raising the curiosity in everyone around them.
Shivaay was super annoyed with the statement his father gave, was Tej talking of Anika because Shivaay told she is his girlfriend?

"Tej, I don't want you to talk any further." Dadi clearly told him but not listening to her, he continued, pointing his fingers in the direction where a luxury car halted "Ragini Malhotra."

Ragini walked with her father by her side, posing for the cameras as they clicked her pictures. No one really expected this from Tej, he just crossed all his limits. Shivaay couldn't react in front of the media and this was the biggest advantage for Tej and the Malhotras.

"Shivaay and Ragini will be engaging tomorrow. And we, the Oberois and the Malhotras will sign a deal alongside." Tej finished while the media was busy taking notes for the breaking news in tomorrow's headlines.

That night in the Oberoi mansion, Shivaay didn't react at all for what his father did while Dadi was furious with her son. In between all the chaos, Raj informed the Oberois that they were leaving back to U.S the next day. He didn't want his daughter to get hurt in anyway, especially knowing what his daughter felt for Shivaay. Everything suddenly fell upside down for the Oberois except for Tej, who was content with whatever he did.

"Shivaay..." Anika called out softly to him as she reached his room when he cheerfully greeted her flaunting the book in his hand, "Hey Anika, come in. I'm reading this book named 'His Ex-girlfriend' and it seems pretty interesting."

(Promoting my own book, sorry xD)

Understanding the inner storm in him which he wasn't letting out, she placed her hand on his chest, inclined to the left and remained silent, looking into his bluish grey orbs. He definitely didn't want to break down but it happened instantly as he deeply looked at her hazel brown eyes and fell in her arms crying like a baby. Was it because of what Tej did to him or was it that she was leaving India the next day?

"Can you stay with me for sometime?" He asked sniffing in between and she nodded, holding his hand and walking him to the pool side. They silently sat down, both undergoing a turmoil of emotions but deciding to talk about the happy things, they had an endless conversation losing the track of time. When the time approached for Anika to leave, Shivaay asked again hoping for a positive response "Can you stay a little longer, Anika?" 

He didn't know how else to stop her neither did she know how else to stay back. It was getting difficult for both of them but Anika, mustering courage asked "Shivaay, what do you think of us?"
He couldn't answer her, he only knew they were no longer just friends anymore. Realizing what was going through him, she smiled confessing her thoughts "More than just being friends?" and this clearly answered his confusion.

Shivaay and Anika definitely needed sometime to accept their feelings for each other, which would be termed as 'Love' by the rest of the world. But it was indeed okay to do so.

Precap hints for the next chapter: It's all about bridegroom and girlfriend

Precap hints for the next chapter: It's all about bridegroom and girlfriend. 😉❤️

Don't forget to like and comment. :)