III. The spark & shade ✨

Recap ~
It's just the eyes.

The next morning, Anika woke up to find the bluish grey orbs admiring her

The next morning, Anika woke up to find the bluish grey orbs admiring her. For a minute or two, she thought the eyes in the canvas were real.
"Satrangi aanke!" She said staring lovingly at the eyes of the incomplete form on the canvas.

"Someone is awake!" Her friend entered her room with a cup of latte.
"Not really, going back to sleep." She told rolling on the bed while he said, "Okay go back. Did he come today as well in your dream?!"
"Yup he did." Anika chuckled as she answered him to which he told, "I feel bad for the guy!"
"Why?!" Anika asked in confusion when he said back, "I don't know how he is going to handle you."
"Om!" Anika hollered when Gauri came in and said looking at her husband, "You should feel bad for me as well then!"
"Why?!" Om questioned her to receive a similar answer "God knows how I'm handling you!" making Anika chuckle.

___

Anika was on a solo trip to a nearby library that day. She intended to do a lot more things but the climate really didn't favor her. Reading books, is the best thing a person could ever do the whole day. Don't you agree?! ;)

Admiring the library's architecture, she took one of the corner seats in the corridor and settled herself with one of the best selling books written by an Indian author (Name your favorite author 😄).

As it was snowing outside, she was too engrossed in the book that she didn't see the time nor the climate worsening. Lately realizing, she hurriedly ran to the section to place the book back when she saw a pair of bluish grey orbs from between the gaps in the book stack. Disappointed that she couldn't see the face completely, she stepped forward only to get hurt by the wooden shelf. Before she could go and check who it was, the person was no longer there.

"I'm coming O! Stop scolding me for god's sake." Anika spoke over the phone, outside the library.
"I have my own legs, my eye sight and memory power are really good as well, so I will come back. Dare you come, I will kill you!" warned Anika when she heard a soft chuckle from behind her. She turned back to see who it was but couldn't find anyone.

The owner of the chuckle walked past her and she noticed a beautiful black scarf tied around his neck. He suddenly turned back for a moment as if someone called him but unfortunately their sight wasn't clear due to the snow fall. Though she did manage to see the spark in those eyes, the same bluish grey shade in them.

"I'm super sorry!" The same guy apologized over the phone as he walked away from the library.
"Shivaay bhaiyya you will never be excused for today!" His sister spoke in anger.
"I was in the library! I can be excused for this." He said hoping for a positive reply from his sister when she told sternly, "No excuses. Your punishment is to visit the next art exhibition with me!"
"You know I would be busy with office work?!" Shivaay exclaimed in shock but the phone hung up already.

Anika sat up that night working on her piece of work again, her imagination of what she believed. Unknowingly, her thoughts were completely occupied by the guy she saw in the library.

While eating dinner in his house, Shivaay softly chuckled gaining his sister's attention.
"What's the matter bhaiyya?!" Khushi asked raising one of her eyebrows to which he said bluntly "Nothing!"
"There is definitely something then!" His sister said back lost in thoughts making him roll his eyes "Stop the investigation now."

"Okay let's talk about Anika—" His sister started speaking out of nowhere making him dwell in his thoughts of remembering the girl from the library.
"Those hazel brown eyes!" Shivaay blurted out his mind voice thinking of her eyes which he saw amidst the snowfall when his sister spoke confused, "Yeah I know! What happened to her eyes?!"
"Eyes? What are you rambling about!" Shivaay diverted before he left his confused sister behind.

Another beautiful day turned up with the sun shining brightly in the east and the birds chirping cheerfully. On one side the nature was enchanting, while on the other Anika was happily lazing on the bed.

"Are you not planning to come with us?!" Anika heard Om who stood at her door.
"Nope! You guys carry on." She said when he frowned at her, "That's bad! The plan was made for you."
"I know. Don't worry I will join you guys at the concert tonight but yeah this morning is for the love birds. Go and enjoy!" She winked at him and Om's cheeks involuntarily turned crimson red.
"Anu yaar!" Om exclaimed to which she said back smirking, "I know you are secretly thanking me! Now don't waste time and leave!"

She was randomly scrolling her Instagram page when she heard the wind rustling, dropping her paintbrush on the floor. She was about to place it back and resume watching her insta feed but she ended up resuming the painting of her imagination.
"Reminding me to complete the painting, intelligent move Maya." she spoke to her paintbrush, chuckling at the end.

Precap ~Dreams turn real?

Precap ~
Dreams turn real?

Shivaay and Anika meet in the next chapter. Hope you enjoyed this one!