XXIV. Phail gaya raita ✨

Recap ~
Heart skipped a beat.

The beach trip had a different effect on Shivaay and Anika

The beach trip had a different effect on Shivaay and Anika. They never missed a chance to steal glances at each other, smile for no reason, blush unknowingly, and what not. Don't you think these effects are symptoms of love?

"Anika we are going to Lonavala once you are done with your exhibition." Khushi reached out to Anika with a pout as she realized she wasn't spending much time with her.
"Sudden interest on this long forgotten love of yours?!" Anika asked raising her eyebrows when she chuckled, "You are always my love, no one can take your place."
"Can't guarantee, my brother is my competitor." She shrugged her shoulders as she spoke and Khushi's cheeks flushed in response.

"Nothing like that An!" Khushi told in embarrassment only to hear her brother in return as he joined them "What are you calling her? Why do you want to spoil her name, Panda?! It's such a beautiful name, A.N.I.K.A."
"Didn't you spoil mine?" Khushi narrowed her eyes at him and he stated "Well, I can but you cannot. And remember, she is my girlfriend now."

Khushi smiled at her brother instead of taunting him. She saw a different Shivaay, not her brother who never was outspoken and expressive. She definitely knew something was brewing up between the two, and indeed, she was a ShivIka shipper.

Clearing her throat, Anika corrected with a mischievous smile on her lips "Fake girlfriend, right Shivaay!?"
"If you say so." He played along, smiling slyly.
"Turn my dream to reality Bhaiyya." Khushi smirked before leaving to attend Arnav's call. This definitely took back Anika to the beach episode and Shivaay's words while Shivaay way lost thinking of Khushi's dream where Anika was to be his bride.

Getting a call regarding sponsorship, Anika planned for a meeting with them that evening.
"I'm coming along." Shivaay announced and Anika reprimanded his decision "Of course, you are not."
"You can't decide that." He frowned at her, "I can, I have all the rights."
"As a sponsor, I have my rights as well." He told annoyed with the fact that Anika was not letting him join her. While her reason was that she didn't want him to cancel the meeting he had with his business clients.
"Okay billuji." She simply said not wanting to argue with him.
"Thanks Panika." He chuckled happily only to receive back a frown from her.

Reaching Taj, a luxury hotel for the meeting, Anika walked at a faster pace as she was not pleased with his decision while Shivaay followed her like a lost puppy.

"Hi, this is Anika. Nice to meet you!" Anika greeted a young lady of her age as she reached the table reserved for them.
"Hi, Tanya here. Nice meeting you as well." The lady spoke back passing a warm smile when Shivaay reacted noticing the sight in front of him "Phail gaya raita."

Shivaay using Anika's language? Perks of being around her all the time.  The girls looked at him in surprise. Anika was amazed to hear him use her words while Tanya was exuberant to see her college crush. In no time, Tanya hugged Shivaay while he didn't know how to react. Anika understood Tanya was his girl fan as she remembered Gauri mentioning her name in the Two shots game.

"Hello Tanya." Shivaay greeted as he parted from her and she blushed hearing her name from him. He wanted to roll his eyes and Anika wanted to laugh out seeing them but they chucked their thoughts not wanting to create any mess. Thankfully, Anika indulged Tanya in the sponsorship discussion pretty soon but Shivaay didn't fail to notice Tanya stealing glances at him, her cheeks flushed at his sight on her.

"Shivaay can we go out for coffee?" Tanya asked as they finished talking about sponsoring for Anika's exhibition.
"Of course. Shivaay's schedule is absolutely free for the evening." Anika answered casually before Shivaay could think of an excuse. He was beyond shocked to find Anika fixing him once again.
"Well, time for your Macchiato then." Tanya spoke excitedly making Shivaay and Anika look at her in surprise. How did she know which coffee blend he drank during his evenings? No big deal, he is the Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

Anika looked at Shivaay and he looked back at her, almost pleading her to save him from the situation. Not failing to smirk at him, she spoke "Oh shoot. You have a meeting, right Shivaay? With the Japanese clients?"
"Yeah." He nervously answered, unsure if the coffee plan would be cancelled.
"That's okay. We'll meet some other time Shivaay." Tanya told giving her brightest smile while Shivaay danced happily in his mind.

They left the hotel, not before Tanya exchanged her number with Shivaay.

"You fixed me once again, Anika." Shivaay whined like a kid making her chuckle.
"Well I saved you. And not to miss, Tanya was a sweetheart." Anika told as she took the passenger seat next to Shivaay in the car.
"You are not fixing me with my girl fans, never ever. Okay?!" He asked still scared at the thought of going on a coffee date.
"Okay, I will fix you with me then. I'm also your girl fan and I will be pretty satisfied." She winked, making him smile widely.

How did you all like the chapter? 🤗