XII. Wild decisions ✨

Recap ~
Khidkithod language.

Anika was rolling on the bed that night not able to sleep when she heard footsteps near her room

Anika was rolling on the bed that night not able to sleep when she heard footsteps near her room. Peeping out, she found a dark figure walking past her room shocking the hell out of her. Assuming the person to be a thief and not knowing what to do, she took a blanket with her, followed the figure from behind and caught hold of it.

She was about to shout the next minute to alert her family but to her dismay, the figure overpowered her strength by catching hold of her and spoke "Anika it's me!"
"Shivaay?!" Anika called out to him much surprised, still in his arms.
Removing the blanket from him, she asked seriously "What are you doing here, at this time?!"
"Playing police and thief with you." He spoke chuckling to which she replied sarcastically "Oh okay bhagad billa!" making him look at her with wide eyes.
"Seriously Gauri was right, you are a cat only. You literally freaked me out Shivaay!" She spoke pouting at the end when he caressed her hairs and gripped her even tighter by her waist.
"Sorry" He said cutely and continued "Panika!" making her hit him playfully.

Realising their positions soon, they adjusted themselves and Anika asked breaking the awkward silence between them "Now tell me the real reason, Mr.Billuji!"
"There was no water in my room, and I was thirsty. So I thought I will go to the kitchen to get some but lost my way!" He explained and she nodded understanding him. Accompanying him till the kitchen, Anika helped him with a water bottle and dropped him at his room.
"Next time you want something, instead of becoming a lost cat you can let me know!" She smiled making him smile.

The next morning, Arnav brought breakfast to the study where his sister was busy working on her painting. As he was feeding her, he asked trying to sound casual "Whom does Khushi love Anu?!"
"There's someone special Bhai!" Anika answered still pulling her brother's leg.
"That someone will have a name right?!" He groaned making his sister chuckle.
"Yes, her boyfriend's name is khidkithod Anika!" She casually revealed the name letting his brother's jaw form a perfect O shape.
"You will pull my leg, why won't you! You already found Shivaay, your dream guy." He told casually but this definitely surprised Anika. She did speak about her dream and the guy to her brother but Arnav never really saw the painting Anika drew of her imagination. How did he know it was Shivaay?
"I'm your brother, I get to know everything." He said raising his collars to which Anika rolled her eyes realizing her father split the beans, "I know how you get to know!" 

That evening, Shivaay was in the kitchen with Anika while the Aroras chilled in the hall watching a movie.

"Shivaay you should only help me!" Anika fake cried when Shivaay asked back, "What is it Anika?!"
"I challenged mom that I would make fritters! You know I don't even know to cook." She said annoyed with herself when Shivaay asked cheekily, "May I know why you challenged then?!"
"Because you are with me." She smiled sheepishly making him chuckle.

Anika was trying to cut the onion watching a YouTube video but she was not even able to grip the onion, much to her dismay.
"Not like that Anika, like this." saying Shivaay took hold of her hands gripping the onion and the knife, standing right behind her. Her back touched his chest, letting chills run down their spines. He cut the onion into two halves still holding her hand and the next minute, Anika jumped excitedly "Let me try, Shivaay!"

He loosened his grip smiling at her antics and she almost cut the half into another but unfortunately the knife slipped and turned its way towards Shivaay's fingers. Thankfully, it was a not so deep cut on his little finger. He held his finger instantly while Anika hollered at the top of her voice freaking her entire family. Looking at the sight, they hurriedly took Shivaay to the hall while Arnav ran to get first aid kit.

Bandaging the wound, Naina said blowing his finger gently "Shivaay, it will burn initially. If you feel pain, let me know." and applied the ointment.
Raj exclaimed still tensed "We need to take him to the hospital!" while the rest agreed frantically. Shivaay was looking at them in awe as he experienced this love and care after a very long time.
"Aunty, the cut is not really deep. I'm fine, don't worry!" Shivaay assured her when she raised her voice, "How can we not!?"

Convincing Anika's parents, Shivaay looked for Anika who was not found anywhere around. He walked in the corridor looking for her when he spotted her in her garden.
"Anika?!" He called out to her when she acknowledged not looking at him "Shivaay I hope you are fine."
"It was just a small cut, not to worry!" He spoke cheerfully sensing the sadness in her voice. Hearing no response, he held her shoulders turning her to him when she hugged him much to his surprise.
"I'm so sorry Shivaay! I didn't mean to hurt you." She cried in his arms like a baby, all her guilt pouring out in tears.
"Who told you hurt me?" Shivaay asked caressing her hairs when she looked at him much confused, still in his arms.
"Your knife did." He told making her smile weakly.

"I will not cook in my entire life!" She announced wiping her tears to his shirt while he chuckled, "Don't take such wild decisions. I feel bad for your future husband!"
Parting their hug, Anika rolled her eyes "You don't worry, cooking is his passion."
"I mean I will make sure I marry a guy who does the best cooking!" She said, instantly losing herself in those bluish grey orbs which had so many questions.

""I mean I will make sure I marry a guy who does the best cooking!" She said, instantly losing herself in those bluish grey orbs which had so many questions

Precap ~
Let's do it together.