XIX. Progression ✨

Recap ~
Time & Compensation.

"I badly miss you Maya!" Anika groaned as she didn't have the mood to paint that day

"Ma'am, there is a parcel for you." One of the staff reached to her and she nodded in acknowledgement. Descending downstairs, she took the parcel from the table and settled herself on the couch to unwrap it. She gently opened it to find her paintbrush shining in the light exposure.

"Am I dreaming!? I was just thinking about you." She muttered to herself when Khushi joined her.
"You got your paintbrush?!" She asked casually when Anika asked her back, "Yeah. How do you know it's a paintbrush Khushi?!"
"Arnav told that Bhai had asked him to send your favorite paintbrush." She blurted out the truths, one about her brother and one about herself.
"Khushi, what else did my brother tell?!" Anika teased her making Khushi blush, "He was asking about you, that's all! Anyway I need to go Anika, see you later."

Anika laughed as she saw Khushi running away from her while Shivaay joined her next.
"What's going on?!" He casually asked sitting beside her and she replied, "My brother and your sister are talking these days." smiling cheekily.
"Nice progression!" Shivaay reciprocated her smile.

"Why don't we progress in our relationship?!" She asked winking at him which made his heart skip a beat.
"Look at your face Shivaay!" She laughed and he covered his face with his palm, much embarrassed.
"Can I get your phone number Shivaay?!" She asked still smiling while he nodded giving his number instantly. All these days they never even took each other's phone numbers?
"Can I get yours?" He asked politely to which she said, "Sure, I will give a missed call." and left to attend an incoming call.

"It has been fifteen minutes, I still didn't get a missed call from Anika." Shivaay muttered to himself restlessly walking here and there in his room. That fifteen minutes turned an hour and yet he didn't receive any call. Getting impatient, he walked to Anika's room to not find her.
"I don't even know her number to call and ask where she is!" He spoke loud enough when he heard from his grandmother, "Your girlfriend has gone out. She will come back soon!"
"Dadi!" Shivaay exclaimed hearing what she addressed Anika as when she spoke again trying to sound innocent "I meant girl friend billu!"

It was evening by then, Shivaay just finished his meeting and sat on his couch sipping his espresso. He was smiling as he thought how Anika would name his coffees when his phone beeped a message notification. Opening the notification, he saw a WhatsApp message from an unknown number.

"Hey handsome, I'm a big fan of yours."

"Not again. Who is this now!?" Shivaay groaned and typed "Hi, may I know who this is?"

"Why being so formal? You of course know me very well. Didn't you save my number?!" He got a reply to his text.

"No." He bluntly replied to get another message, "Very rude darling. But it's okay, I'm your secret admirer."

Not wanting to reply to the message anymore, he was about to throw his phone in anger when Anika entered his room.
"Someone is in anger mode. I think I should come later!" She said and was about to leave when he caught hold of her hand from behind.
"No stay back Anika." He said softly making her smile.
"Why were you going to kill your phone?" She asked sounding serious to which he replied chuckling, "Killing? No I wasn't."
"Oh really?! I'm not blind." She spoke sounding sarcastic while Shivaay simply told "It's business Anika!"

"You have secret admirers even in business?!" She asked casually not helping Shivaay understand for a moment but the minute he realized what she meant, he almost hollered "Was that you Anika?!"
"Yes of course darling!" She smiled cheekily.
"I'm not leaving you." saying he chased her while she tried her best to not get caught.

Fortunately or unfortunately, Anika was disturbed by a pillar and Shivaay caught hold of her from behind.

"Say sorry!" He demanded while Anika widened her eyes in surprise.
"Why should I?" She asked looking into his eyes to which he replied "You pranked on me."
"You don't like me being your girl fan, do you?!" She asked cheekily when he groaned "I'm going to die one day."
"That's not the answer billuji." She chuckled when he turned her to him and twisted her hand from behind, "Panika, the answer is..."
His voice trailed off as he brought his face closer to hers and was about to say something when they were disturbed by a shout.

"Shivaay?!" They heard a not so pleasant voice and Shivaay looked up to see one of his girl fans, Tia standing in front of him.
"Tia?!" Shivaay called out nervously while Anika was still in Shivaay's effect.
"What are you doing?!" Tia asked eyeing Anika with jealousy when he responded "Nothing Tia. When did you come from Sydney?!"
"Just now. Heard you are in India, so thought of visiting you!" Tia said hugging him.
"Who is she?" Tia asked again and Anika answered this time smirking in the best way possible, "His girl fan, Anika" and left poor Shivaay to deal with Tia.

Hope you enjoyed this one

Hope you enjoyed this one. If so, don't forget to vote and comment, it would mean a lot. ❤️