CHAPTER 1

Jennie's POV:

I've always had a pretty miserable life, my mother died from an overdose on drugs when I was just a child, and now I live with my abusive father. He only cares about 3 things; himself, money, and drugs. I am just a mistake he had made 16 years ago. He's always made it more clear that he didn't care about me. Now, he's going on a 'business trip' and leaving me with some distant friends of his whom I've never met before. Usually, he just lets me stay by myself, but this time he's not letting me.

I brush my long brown hair a couple of times, before tying it into a ponytail. I usually like to wear it down, but I have cheer practice, then I have swimming practice. I don't like cheer dancing that much, but to be popular you have to do a lot of things that you don't like. Swim, now that's my real passion. I live for a swim. I don't know what I would do without it. I put on my red and white cheer outfit, and look at myself in the mirror. Cheerleaders at my school always have to look perfect. I start to put some more things in my bag to bring wherever I'm going, I still have no clue.

"Jennie! Hurry up, you're going to make me late!"

I heard my father yelled from downstairs. I hurry up and finish packing my things, I don't want to make him angry. Let's just say, it's good when he's angry. I grab my bag and rush downstairs. He was already waiting in the car. After I lock up, I put my bag in the back and get in. After about 10 minutes, I break the awkward silence in the car.

"So where am I going?" I ask him softly.

"You'll see when we get there."

"Have I met these people before?"

"Jennie, just shut up before you make me angry."

And after that, I knew not to ask any more questions. Maybe staying at this place wouldn't be so bad. I just wish I could stay by myself though. I don't need a babysitter. I've been on my own for weeks at a time when he's been gone. I don't even know how long we're going to be gone. I look outside the window at all the houses we passed. I wondered what type of people lived there and wondered if they have a better life than I do. I sighed as we pulled up to a little house. It looked like it was from a magazine. It was a white house, with a red door. It also had a white picket fence out front with a huge garden.

Before I got out of the car, my father gripped my arm. "I know you won't cause any problem, because you know what will happen if you do." He ran his fingers through his long brown hair before getting out. I sighed again and grabbed my bag from the back, and went out.

Before we even ring on the doorbell, a woman walks out. She looks like she's in her late 30's or early 40's. She's about average weight, and she has short black hair. She has rosy cheeks and seems like a very warm person compared to my father.

"Chitthip! It's nice to see you." I could hear the fakeness in my father's voice. He's never nice. I wonder how they even know each other.

"Hyun Suk! It's nice to see you too. It's been so long." She said as they exchanged a quick hug. My father has never been much of a hugger, I don't even remember him ever hugging me once.

"Lisa! Come here, sweetie! Hyun and Jennie are here."

I recognize this face that just appeared at the door, she goes to my school. I've never met her before. She's in my English class. She always dresses that way, goth. She has long hair that she always wears down. I've never seen it any other way. She always wears black. Right now she's wearing a hoodie, black skinny jeans, and black sneakers. I give her a polite smile and she returns. I bet this is going to make her feel awkward, me staying with her. She only has 2 friends that I know of. This gay girl Jisoo and I don't know what is the name of the other girl. I don't have a problem with gay people, because well I'm gay. But no one knows, and no one will ever know. I would lose everything. Lisa is pretty attractive though, I'm not going to lie. Her dark brown eyes are mesmerizing, and her bangs suit her. She's absolutely beautiful, perhaps the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.