Chapter 23

Jennie's POV:

If there is a Heaven, it seems like it would be a wonderful place. It seems like it would be a place where you feel no pain, where everything is peaceful and calm. You have no worries. You're just happy...

Unfortunately for me, I'm not in Heaven. I'm still here on planet earth. I'm still here on this shit hole universe, where all you feel is a pain most of the time.

I open my eyes to find Lisa staring at me, and holding my hand. She's covered in blood, and I assume that it's my blood.

"Jennie!" She kisses my hand before standing up. "Oh my god! You're okay! My baby is okay!" She leans in and kisses my lips.

She pulls away, and I take a look at her. She must have been the one that found me. That would explain the amount of blood she has on her. Her eyes are all red and puffy, she must have been crying as well.

I look over and see Chitthip on my other side. "I'm so happy you're okay." She kisses my head.

I just sit here like an idiot, not saying anything.

Why am I alive?

Lisa sits down on the bed next to me and puts her hand on my face. "Jennie..." She starts.

"Lisa." Chitthip interrupts. "I'm going to go home and get you some clean clothes, I'll be back soon."

I guess she could sense that Lisa wants to be alone with me.

"Jennie..." Lisa continues. "Why...?" She starts to get teary-eyed.

I don't even know what to say...

"I'm sorry..." That was what I came up with.

She leans down and kisses me. "Did you not think about me...?" She is now at this point crying.

I can't stand to see her cry... It breaks my heart. Knowing that I'm the reason for her tears, makes it even harder.

"I did Lisa... You just deserve so much better than me. Your life would be so much better if I was just out of it, or if I never even came into it. All I do is screw people up. You're just going to leave anyway..."

"Jennie... I told you I'm never going to leave! I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I want to marry you someday for fuck sake... I don't deserve better so don't even start that. All I want is you... I want you every day forever."

She lays down next to me in the hospital bed and wraps her arms around me.

"I'm sorry..." I say again.

She kisses my head. "I don't know what I would ever do if I lost you for good... Please don't ever scare me like that again Jennie." She tightens her grip around me.

"I'm so sorry..." I feel myself start to cry.

"Don't cry." She kisses my cheek before wiping my tears away.

"I'm so stupid Lisa..."

"You're not Jennie."

"I am..." I bury my head in her chest.

"You are not!" She rubs my back. "You just... Made a mistake. You're still here for a reason Jennie."

"And that reason is you..." I look up at her. "You're the reason, Lisa."

She is the reason I'm alive. Literally. She saved my life... My reason that I'm here on earth is to be with her.

We sit here in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's company. I'm just happy to be in her arms.