Chapter 50

Michael's POV:

When I tell you Jeremy would not stop apologising. I god damn mean it.
I came close to knocking him out one evening.
Yet he continued to apologise until I threatened to kick him out the house.
Violence is okay sometimes right?

"FUCK"

Honestly at this point I don't even react
Jeremy's in the kitchen attempting to make dinner, from the sound of it, it's going horrifically wrong

"What have you don't this time? Please don't burn down my house. Again"
"What do you mean again?"

I laugh to myself

"What did you do?"
"Nothing it's that bitch of a cat again"

I sigh and sit up. I've been lying on my back on the sofa for the last hour waiting for food. Jeremy's half an hour is reality's three hours.
I head into the kitchen and it honestly looks like a bomb exploded.

"What the fuck-"
"Just please get the god damn cat off the counter before he burns himself"

I smile and scoop pac away from sniffing the array of ingredients laid out across the table

"Come on you cheek"

I catch Jeremy's eye as he gives me a smile

"Thanks, I'll make it worth it. I promise"

I smile

"I know you will"
"Now get the fuck out my kitchen"

I laugh to myself and save both me and pac from what is about to be a nuclear disaster.
I drop pac off in the living room and go up to my room. No real intentions but the living room is closer to the kitchen which is closer to certain death.
My mom has definitely been in my room because there's a photo book lying on my bed.

2018-2019

Ah well those were some touchy years.
Those were the years I was really at rock bottom. Then the end of 2018 hit and me and Jeremy started dating and even then I wasn't at my best.
I sit cross legged on my bed and start to flick through.
The first page consists of a photo of the entire gang.
I mean apart from me.
It's too good to not share so I snap a photo of it and send it to the group

Slushyboi: one image attached
Im_totally_bi: ew
Of-my-LIFE: awww look at us!
Livintheupgrade: Ngl that's kinda cute
Im_totally_bi: that's cause you're in it jake
Livintheupgrade: Oh yeah. You're right.
Pinkberry: Michael where are you?

Touchy. Ouch.

Slushyboi: hospital lol

Follow it up with a lol and hopefully it's not so hard hitting

Pinkberry: Shit. Sorry
Slushyboi: Nah don't worry. I'll send more if I find anymore equally adorable and cringe photos.
Heere.and.queer: That photo should be burnt
Slushyboi: Fuck off and focus on not burning down my kitchen

I put my phone down with a slight smile and keep looking.
There's all the classics. Photos of me and my moms. Jeremy makes an appearance in some of them.
Ones from Christmas, photos from the snow and then new year.
I knew I was okay around New Year but it was after I had been back to hospital for my random illness.
Prom photos.
Graduation photos.
More and more photos of me and Jeremy.
Pac starts making an appearance.
A photo of Jeremy crying after watching Hamilton.

As I turn to the last double page I catch my breath slightly.
There's two photos next to each other on each page.
The first consists of a photo of the entire gang back from like 3rd grade.
Most of us have been together since elementary school. The only ones who joined in High school were Rich and Chloe.
Whilst I definitely didn't fit into the group, I hung around with them all year round. Every year.
Even with the relentless teasing.
The one beside it is from graduation day.
All of us in our caps and robes.
I snap a photo and send it to the group chat