Chapter 11

Michaels POV:

Why did this day have to come.
My alarm doesn't wake me though. I know I needed sleep tonight so I fell asleep to my music. So it's Jeremy waking me up.

"Michael. Michael come on"

I pull my hoodie up over my face

"No"

I hear him laugh slightly and he pull my hood off my face.

"Come on. I'll be there with you"

I can't be bothered to protest so I drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom. I shower as quickly as I can. Showering with a cast is my least favourite thing in the world. I get dressed. The same thing I wore on my last day. Typical red hoodie, T-shirt and jeans.
I wet my hands and run them through my hair to try and sort out the mess that it is.
I put my glasses back on and for once I don't hate my appearance.
Funnily enough, not going to school for a month meant I actually lost some weight
Not that anyone can see it. My hoodie is big on me so you can't tell
I head back into my room and sort my bag out.
Jeremy must already be downstairs. Probably eating pancakes or pop tarts.
After putting my headphones round my neck, I follow him down. He's sitting on the kitchen counter eating. Yep I guessed it. A pop tart

"Making yourself at home Jer?"
"Indeed i am"

I make myself some toast and join him on the counter. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"You okay?"
"Scared as fuck"
"It's gonna be okay. I'll be with you. We have classes together and anyway, rich apologised to you so maybe that's some sort of progress?"
"I guess"

I jump off the counter and get my bag.

"Come on then"

He joins me and we head to school. I've been holding his hand the entire way but as the view of school lingers in the distance, I let go.

"We aren't out to anyone yet. No one knows about us so-"
"Michael it's okay. I know why you let go. Also, you have a rainbow flag on the arm of your hoodie. I don't think people think you're straight"
"Oh- yeah I forgot about that"

We walk through the gates.
We both get some stares. I mean no one has seen us for a month. For all they know we could have died. Oh yeah and my arm. I notice people who watched it happen. It's like they invisibly gasp when they see my cast. I pull my hoodie sleeve as far over it as I can so people don't question it.
Jeremy comes to my locker with me and as I'm closing it I feel someone jump up onto my right shoulder. I quickly turn to see rich smiling at me

"Dude you're back!"
"Uh yeah I'm back"
"It's great to see you. Look I'm sorry for being such a dick like all the time"

I flick my eyes towards Jeremy who is just as shocked as me

"Oh yeah it's okay"
"So when do you get your cast off?"
"Not for another week or so, I had a checkup appointment last week and they said it's healing quicker than they predicted so I'm getting it off a week before I was meant to"
"Oh that's awesome!"

I can tell he still feels bad about it. So I change the subject

"So what did we miss in the past month?"
"Not much. Chloe and Jake broke up, Christine got with Jenna and Brooke is crushing HARD on chloe"
"Not much?"

Jeremy pipes in

"I'm sorry did you say Christine and Jenna are together?"
"Yeah dude. Apparently when you two broke up she realised she liked her. Jenna took ages to realise though"
"Well. That's new"