Chapter 12

Michaels POV:
Use of homophobic language

The rest of the week came and went. So did the following.
But the most exciting thing that happened was that my cast was finally gone.
They had asked me what I wanted to do with it. So I kept it. Jeremy keeps asking to draw on it but I won't let him. When I first got it off I kept running my finger round the ring of hearts he drew back when I got it on.
Im still not used to having my arm free to use. At least I can write now. I don't have much strength in my left arm now so can only write for small periods of time so I save that for my chemistry lessons. My other teachers are pretty chill about me using my phone.
It's a Friday. Last day of school and then we get the weekend. My moms are on a work trip so I've got the house to myself for the weekend.
Jeremy will probably end up staying over. He's almost always at mine now. He got his own key so it could be about 10pm and he would turn up.
It's officially June today.
Me and Jeremy have been planning this for over a week. We are officially gonna start showing that we are in a relationship.
It is pride month after all
My walk to school is pretty uneventful. Jeremy didn't actually stay at mine last night so I'm alone on my walk. My music is turned up and the sun is out. It's a pretty good way to start the day. I meet up with Jeremy at his locker and he slips his hand into mine.
I'm terrified of course. Neither of us have officially came out to anyone. Of course Chloe knows about us, and I don't think anyone thinks I'm straight which sorta helps me out. But almost everyone in this school knows how obsessed Jeremy was with Christine so they probably think he is straight.
This is gonna be difficult for both of us.
We have been nothing but best friends for years. That's all these people know us to be.
So I think this is gonna be a big change.
My hands have already got sweaty. I pull away from Jeremy's hand to wipe my own on my jeans before holding back onto him.
As we walk to my locker, I feel someone nudge into my arm. I turn to see rich standing walking next to me

"So...... are you two-"
"Yes rich yes. Don't say it out loud please"

For once he actually listens

"Okay dude. Proud of you guys"

He gives us both a smile before walking off to his class.

"Well that's one person down"
"Yeah like 1000 more to go"

We keep hold of each other's hands until we get to class. Chemistry.
I hate this class. It feels like I'm in this class more than any other.
Since me and Jeremy sit at the back, we are pretty hidden away.
He keeps hold of my hand under the desk but I'm still paranoid someone will see. I mean that's the point isn't it. We want people to find out. But I'm still scared for the moment it happens.
We both start the work, I take it easy, taking breaks every ten minutes or so to rest my arm.
We rush putting our hands on top of the desk. We need to get somewhere.
After finishing up the work. I lean my head on Jeremy's shoulder.
I close my eyes.

"Michael Mell and Jeremy Heere? Would you care to let go of each other please you are in a lesson"

My eyes snap open and I lift my head up. I frantically pull away from Jeremy's hand and I feel the entire class stare at us.
My face goes a bright red so I look down to hide it. My glasses slip down my nose and I quickly push them back up.
I feel my throat closing in.
Shit not now. Please not now.
I raise my hand

"Can I go to the bathroom"

My teacher obviously doesn't want to let me go but gives in.
I manage to trip over my bag as I get up, spilling the contents of it onto the floor. The noise yet again attracts the attention of my classmates and the stares turn back to me.
My face flushes a brighter red and I throw my things back into my bag and get the hell out of there.
Not quick enough to hear one of the guys from the front row shout out a rather homophobic comment to me.