Chapter 56

Michaels POV:

School has been the most boring thing recently apart from music lessons.
Which is funnily enough where I am now
Me and Jeremy have had to go into separate rooms because for some reason, the piano was moved over the weekend.
I mean it's probably helpful. All we do in these lessons is mess about writing lyrics that will never make it into our final composition.
But it also sucks because I love being able to watch Jeremy brainstorm ideas. It gives me the chance to just steal a few of them.
I sigh and put my pen down.
It hasn't really been doing much. I've just been chewing on the end of it whilst trying to think of a melody.
So instead of causing myself permanent brain damage from slamming my head into piano keys, I decide to take a visit to Jeremy.
I burst through the door almost causing him to drop the guitar entirely.

"Fucking hell Michael!"
"Hello!"

He cracks a smile and turns back to his paper. Scribbling down some more stuff.

"What do you want?"
"Oh nice to see you too"

I take a seat next to where he's working

"I got bored and was about 20 seconds from slamming my head into the piano. So figured i'd give you a visit"
"Ah. Well i'm glad you didn't slam your head into the piano. That would cost us a lot and i'm pretty sure it's not insured"

I stick my tongue out at him

"Anyways what have you got so far?"
"I've got a melody and i'm pretty far into the lyrics, wanna hear?"

I cross my legs and lean onto my hand.
He gets the hint.
He's slowly getting more confident in front of me but his playing is still so quiet and timid it makes me want to melt.
The melody is smooth and tuneful.
I find myself tapping along to the beat.
But it's when he starts singing I get hit with all the emotions.
The lyrics are so thought out.
Our brief was to write a song to describe a time in your life. That was it. We had complete freedom on where to go with it.
As I sit there listening to Jeremy, it suddenly clicks.
I wrote a song years ago about a time in my life.
I shake the thought out of my head momentarily and continue listening to Jeremy.
The melody has slowed slightly and he's got the same look on his face like always.
I've noticed that whenever he sings in front of me, his cheeks just blush the lightest shade of pink. His eyes are closed and his head is slightly turned to the side.
My eyes don't leave him. As he comes to the end of what he's currently written, I feel myself smiling. His eyes open and he immediately turns back to his desk

"It's really rough and the melody is a bit repetitive but-"
"Jeremy"

I reach out and place my hand onto his.

"Stop panicking yourself. It sound amazing"

He gives me a warm smile

"You have to say that. You're my boyfriend"

I give him a look

"When have I ever not been honest with you"
"True but-"
"Jeremiah Heere I will snap your dick off"

His eyes widen

"MICHAEL MELL"

I burst out laughing just as our teacher walks in.
Jeremy looks absolutely traumatised and I can barely hold my laughter in.

"Jerem-"

He notices me sitting next to Jeremy

"Michael shouldn't you be in your own room?"
"I came to see how Jeremy was getting on"
"Well he's doing fine. Come on. Back to your own room"