Chapter 4

Michaels POV:

As I'm zoning in and out of consciousness, I think about what I said and what Jeremy said.
He's asleep. I don't think I'm gonna fall asleep. Not with what's going on in my head right now.
I sit up.
Jeremy said he loved me.
My brain won't stop whirring so I get up and sit at my desk doing some schoolwork. I hate school. I detest everything about it. But I need to get some good grades at least. We have our finals in a couple of weeks. With me and Jeremy having been off school for the last 2 days. I've been missing out.
I'm not the worst at lessons. Jeremy always asks me to help him with his work. I'm ahead of most of my class which definitely doesn't help out the bullying with Rich. Smart ass is his nickname for me.

I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. Shaking me. I lift my head up. Shit did I fall asleep again?
The light streams in through my curtains and I sit up and find that Jeremy's hand is on my shoulder

"I take it I fell asleep again"
"Indeed"

I run my hands through my hair and turn to face Jeremy. He's fully dressed ready to go to school. Looks like there's no more avoiding it now.

"It's 7. If I left you any longer you would shout at me for not waking you up"
"True"

I get up and stretch out before going to the bathroom and getting changed. I haven't changed from my hoodie, T-shirt and jeans for almost 2 days.
I pull on a clean pair of jeans and a clean T-shirt. Then put my hoodie back on.
Same appearance as always. I head back to my room to find Jeremy sitting on my bed holding his bag.

"I fucking hate Rich"
"What's he done?"

He turns his bag round to show me that underneath the words BoyF was a two words.
Jer bear.
What the fuck. The nickname I made up for him that I only called him back in like 1st grade. How the fuck does Rich know?

"The nickname you gave me back in 1st grade"
"How the hell does he know?"

He sighs. He doesn't look sad. He just looks fed up.
I shake my head and sit down next to him

"I don't know"

He rubs at it and to our relief it comes off.

"I guess he didn't use sharpie this time"

We chat as I put my work in my bag and go downstairs and grab breakfast.
My moms must be out at work because they aren't there to greet me like normal.
We grab some toast and head out the door.
My stomach is swirling and I barely eat anything. Jeremy finishes mine like yesterday's lunch.
Jeremy tells me he is going to stay with me. Not go to his locker until I'm done at mine.
As we walk through the gates and into school I know I'm trapped for the whole day. I want to grab Jeremy's hand as tight as I can but there's no way I can do that. I get to my locker and see Rich in the distance but I keep my head held high. Feeling safe with Jeremy with me.
Rich almost seems to get ready to start his usual routine but sees Jeremy and stays away.
I finish up at my locker

"Okay so let's go to my locker and then we can hear to class"
"Alright cool"

We start walking to Jeremy's. It's only down the corridor but it's towards Rich. Jeremy knows I'm terrified and I feel him squeeze my hand quickly but tightly. It might have been quick but Rich saw.
He speaks loud enough for most of the corridor to hear

"Oh look it's the gay lovers!!!"

Jeremy stands up for me

"Piss off Rich. No one cares about what you have to say"
"Oh really? Because everyone seems to be pretty interested"