Chapter 28

Michaels POV:
I wake up to my alarm and the key ring is still in my hand.
When I do actually sleep I don't move.
So I've still got hold of it.
Jeremy is still asleep. He barely wakes up to alarms. He's a madly deep sleeper.
I turn my alarm off and nudge Jeremy. As usual I get no response so I shake his shoulder slightly.

"Fuck off"
"Oh how lovely. Good morning to you too"

He pulls a pillow over his head but I pull it off.

"Get up. For the next two and a bit weeks you can sleep for as long as you want"
"We don't have lessons!"
"We have that final lecture"
"Oh for fuck sake"

I pull the duvet off him and he slowly rolls off the bed. I mean he literally rolls off the bed.

"Right while you wake up I'm going to shower"
"Mhm"

I shake my head and laugh softly.
I go into the bathroom and do my usual routine. But it's not until when I'm getting dressed that I take a decent look at myself.
I've gotten so much thinner recently. I don't see how. I'm eating the same amount as I always did!
My stomach flips a little bit. It's not dangerously thin like you're probably thinking. But it's not my usual weight.
I pull my T-shirt on but leave my hoodie off for the minute. I go back into my room

"Jeremy"

He's actually sitting up now. Thank god

"Yeah?"
"Do I look thinner than I used to be"
"Michael you shouldn't care about your weight"
"No I don't mean I'm trying to lose weight. But I feel like I've lost so much"

My heart is pounding as I wait for a reply

"Okay yeah I agree. I didn't want to worry you. It's not a huge amount but I thought you were trying to lose weight"
"No I'm not trying to"

I sit on the edge of my bed
Jeremy's face changes and he quickly searches through my drawer

"What's are you looking for?"

He doesn't reply. But he pulls out a box. I soon realise it's my box of medication
It hits me.
He's scanning the box

"Could it be a side affect"
"That's what I'm thinking. Ah look. Can cause weight loss and nausea"
"You don't think that's what caused me to get so sick?"
"I don't know. It could have had something to do with it"

I sigh

"I have to get off that medication. I don't want to be relying on it"
"You aren't. It's just helping you out"
"I want to get rid of it. Out of me"
"'Michael you know how hard it is to deal with your depression and anxiety without it"
"I- fine I know. But if I lose more weight I have to at least go down a dose"
"Deal"

I pull my hoodie on and Jeremy goes to shower. I sort my bag out but it just ends up in me taking out random bits of paper and some of my books. It's not like I'm gonna need them today.
Jeremy comes back in about 20 minutes later. I look up but quickly look away when I realise he's still in a towel.

"I forgot my clothes..."
"How do you even do that"
"I'm me?"
"Good point"

I thought he was going to go back into the bathroom but he drops the towel
I prepare myself for my face to go very red.
But thank fuck he's wearing boxers.

"How did you forget your clothes but you remembered underwear"
"Uh"
"You know what. Skip the question"

He gets dressed and I finish sorting my bag. By basically just throwing it all on my bed to sort later.
Jeremy's bag starts organised at the start of the year but by Christmas it's a mess. You can imagine what it will look like at the end of the year.
We grab some breakfast and as we are driving to school Jeremy tells me to turn the opposite way