Chapter 39

Michaels POV:

I'm so
Fucking
Excited.

Today is finally the day me and Jeremy get to see Dear Evan Hansen.
I've been awake since 6am and I only fell asleep at 3.
But I have enough adrenaline to keep me going for years.
But with an hour train journey ahead of us, I have more than enough time to endlessly scroll through Twitter and listen to music.
To be honest. That doesn't sound that different to a usual day.
And that's where we are now. After a lecture from my moms and Jeremy's dad through a phone call about staying safe, they finally let us leave and get the train.
But when you leave Jeremy in charge of the travel, we go to the wrong platform and end up having to sprint for our lives to get to the right one on time.
So now I'm completely out of breath from running for longer than 3 seconds but extremely happy to be on the right train.
At least I hope it's the right train and we haven't got on a train that's gonna take us to a completely different state to where we want to be going.
Like the good person he is, Jeremy let me sit by the window. I really didn't want to sit near other people.
That's my introverted self coming into play.
I lean my head against the window and feel Jeremy link his fingers through mine.
I gently squeeze his hand to let him know I'm okay.

"You excited?"

I turn to him

"Does getting 3 hours of sleep but being high on adrenaline give you the answer?"

He smiles

"I think so"
"I can't wait. And don't act like you aren't excited"
"I am excited. I'm the one who introduced you to this musical in the first place"

I can't contain my grin.

"I wish we could just get there"
"Not long left. 25 minutes"

I groan.

"I'm so bored"
"Go back to staring out the window"

I smile and lean back against the window. I close my eyes and let the voice of Ben Platt fill my ears.
I cannot fucking wait for tonight.
Jeremy is trying to hold back his excitement but in reality all he wants is to see Will Roland in the flesh.
With both of us being awkward pieces of shit. Stagedooring is gonna be a nightmare, but who knows if we will ever get the chance to do this again.
I get restless again so check the time.
4:20pm
I laugh to myself.
Jeremy turns to me.

"What are you doing you child"

I tilt my phone to him
He smiles

"You're such a fucking stoner"

I lean on his shoulder and look up at him

"But I'm your stoner"

He gently taps me on the nose

"Indeed you are"

I close my eyes again. Just waiting for the train to get to New York.
I've never been to New York. Jeremy has, thank god otherwise I'd have no clue where to go.
I feel the train braking. My eyes snap open and realise that we have finally got here.
It's certainly not felt like an hour. More like an entire fucking century.
But maybe that's because I'm excited for tonight.
I feel Jeremy take my hand again and tug it

"Come on"

He really takes this being two months older than me thing to a new level. He acts like my guardian rather than my boyfriend at times.
I mean I can't complain. I can barely look after myself. So having someone else to do that is a big help.
He doesn't let go of my hand until we are sitting in a cab on the way to the theatre.
We made sure to not get to New York early because with both me and Jeremy being broke as fuck, we didn't want to pay for food.
But even with that plan in place, we still somehow make it to outside the theatre 2 hours before the show starts. Meaning we have an hour and a half to kill before we can even go in.