Chapter 19

Jeremy's POV:

I wake up. Still lying next to Michael. He's still asleep. But I'm wondering why I'm still here.
I was meant to leave when visiting hours were over.
I sit up. Trying to not wake Michael.
I stretch and stand up.
I check my phone.
Two messages.

Dad: Hey son, I hope you're okay with everything that happened with Michael. I'm always here for you. I hope you know that. It's completely up to you with what you do to do with going to school. But I'm not making you go. Love you buddy.

I smile. My dad might have done something shitty to me and Michael but he is there for me.
I send a reply

Jeremy: I'm gonna go to school. Of course I don't want to but visiting hours are 2 until 6 so I might as well just come back after school instead of being stuck at home. Michaels asleep right now but I'm just gonna let him keep sleeping.

I check the other message

Im_totally_bi: Hey Jeremy. I'm really sorry for what you had to go through yesterday. I really want to help you out today. Anything you need done. Any work you need help with. I promise I'll be there for you. I get it if you don't wanna talk to any of us and you might not even be coming to school but we are all here for you.
Jeremy: Hey Rich. I'm coming in today. I can't stay with Michael because of visiting hours but I'll be going straight from school back to here to see him. But thanks dude. I really appreciate that.

I get a reply almost immediately

Im_totally_bi: No problem bro. Michael is your entire world. You're doing great. See you at school.

I lock my phone and turn to a still sleeping Michael.
He didn't take his glasses off last night so they are slightly falling off his face from him moving in his sleep. I gently push them back up and push his hair back and off his face.
He's no where near as hot as he was yesterday. He's cooled down a ton. Even though he's wearing his hoodie.
Before I fell asleep last night the nurse told us Michael would be staying in hospital for at least 2 more days. School is gonna be hell.
But it's better than worrying about Michael all day. I'll just worry about him at school.
As I'm just standing up, a nurse walks in to take Michaels blood pressure again.
I vaguely remember waking up when she came to check it during the night.
Michaels a light sleeper but even with his headphones on he wakes up.
He doesn't say anything until we are left alone

"Are you going to school?"
"I'm thinking about it. I won't be allowed to stay here for the day and I'll be stuck at home worrying"
"Go to school. You've got our friends to help you out"
"Are you sure?"

He nods and I feel him grip onto my hand.

"I hate it here"
"I know. I hate seeing you in here"
"I'll be out soon. I think"

His voice is full of uncertainty but I give him a confident answer.

"You will be out soon. You've already made a ton of progress since when you first got here"
"I guess"

He looks up at the clock

"You're gonna be late if you don't leave soon"

I sigh

"I really don't wanna leave you"
"I don't want you to leave me. But you've gotta go"
"I'll note stuff down for you okay?"
"Okay. love you jer"
"Love you player one"

I give him a tight hug before getting a cab straight to school
Rich picked up my school bag and some clean clothes for me from Michaels house.
His moms are gonna visit him when visiting hours start. And then I'll be there after school.
Jake is driving me.
I sit in the cab on the way to school staring out the window. I can't believe my boyfriend is in hospital and I'm just going to school like it's normal.
I arrive at school and meet rich in the bathroom.
I quickly get changed in one of the cubicles and put  bag onto my back.
I take a deep breath and join Rich in the corridor