Chapter 51

Michaels POV:

I open my eyes slowly the next morning.
I don't remember falling asleep. But i'm still on the sofa which makes me think Jeremy just left me to sleep here.
I let my eyes adjust to the darkness of the room, the sun rises pretty late around this time of year. We are only a few days away from mine and Jeremy's 1 year anniversary.
It's crazy to think about how it's already been a year.
He's the guy that changed my life and in the most amazing way.
Anyway. Enough soppiness.
I reach over and check my phone.
6:45am

I blink a few times but my eyes don't deceive me. I actually slept past 5am.
I adjust the way I'm lying and feel a lump move by my legs.

"What the fu-"

It's shortly followed by a quiet meow and I already know I've woken pac up.
Which means he's gonna think it's breakfast time.
I sigh and prepare for the worst.
Low and behold I feel his paws making his way up my chest and he nudges my face with his.
I stroke him gently

"Morning bud. You're getting nicer to wake up in the morning aren't you"

He meows again as if in response
I smile slightly until I realise he's probably just saying 'get the fuck up I'm hungry'
I sigh and sit up.

"Come on then. Quietly"

I let him jump down and I follow him into the kitchen.
I flick on the light, and totally contradict what I told my own cat not to do, and yelp.

"SHIT"
"Shhhhhh!"
"Jeremy you dick!"

Sitting at the kitchen table with a pop tart is none other than the guy I've been dealing with for 13 years.

"What are you doing?!"
"Feeding Pac! What the fuck are you doing?"

He looks down to his plate and then back up to me

"Hungry?"

He gives me a dorky smile and I can't help but smile back

"You test me sometimes Jeremy Heere"

He sticks his tongue out to which I return and grab a packet of food out the cupboard for Pac

"Let's brush past the fact that it's barely 7am and we are both awake, any plans for today?"

It's a Sunday which means we usually just chill today. But we have exams coming up so we made the decision to make the most of meeting up with our friends.
Jeremy replies through a mouthful of pop tart

"Rich wanted to meet up at the park"
"Sounds good to me. Finish up your pop tart"
"Why?"
"Because I want my morning kiss to not be filled with that disaster"
"Excuse me? Disaster?"

I smile and give him a quick kiss on the top of his head before putting Pacs bowl back on the floor.

"I'm gonna shower. If I come down and you've got another pop tart. There will be hell to pay"

He puts the last mouthful into his mouth and smiles

"Hurry. Miss you already"
"Miss you too you dork"

He blows me a kiss and I dramatically catch it and head upstairs.

I'm in and out in about 10 minutes. Whereas when it comes to Jeremy, it takes him 20 minutes to pick his clothes for the day, another 10 to get into the bathroom, 20 to actually shower and 25 to get dressed and do his hair.
I end up just pacing the kitchen.
Pac seems to treat it as a game and chases my shoes around and tries to bite my laces.

"Jeremy come on!"
"I'm Coming I'm coming!!"
"TMI!"
"Fuck you!"

I laugh to myself and I hear him walking down the stairs.