Chapter 53

Michaels POV:

I sit tapping my pencil in art class as my teacher drags on about realism or something like that.
My eyes flick up to the clock and I sigh when it's barely moved past 10am.
I usually love this class
But lectures just completely bore me.
I feel something hit my back and I turn round to see Jeremy sat at the back of the room just crumpling up paper and chucking it at me.
He gives me a grin and I sigh and stick my tongue out.

"Mr Heere?"

The voice comes from the front of the class and I hold back a laugh, knowing Jeremy's ass is about to get busted by my teacher

"Uh- yeah?"

I watch his face turn a deep shade of red and he fiddles with the paper in front of him

"I appreciate you taking your free periods to come into my class but I would also appreciate it if you left Michael to listen?"

I bite back a grin and lift my hand up to cover my mouth

"oh- yeah sorry of course"
"Thank you, if you wouldn't mind picking up that paper there by Michael?"
"Yeah! totally of course!"

He gets up from his seat and immediately trips over his bag.
A giggle slips out and he shoots me a death look.
He makes his way towards me and I turn back to the front of the class to stop myself laughing anymore.
As he leans down beside me to pick up the paper, he slips one up onto my desk.
I wait until my teacher is looking away and quickly open it.

'I hate you so much <3'

I stifle another laugh and look down to where he is.
His death stare hasn't left so I give him a grin and he can't help but smile back.
What can I say. I influence happiness.

The lesson seems to drag on and on.
When the sound of the bell finally allows me to leave this utter hell hole I turn round to Jeremy and he immediately flips me off

"Uh Mr Heere!"

I burst out laughing and Jeremy scrambles to get out of the classroom. I apologise on his behalf and follow him out to the corridor.

"Well that was shit!"

I link my fingers through his

"Actually I think that was pretty amazing"
"Of course you would"

I persuaded Jeremy to change courses so he could join me in music after I heard his song, so for once we actually have a class together. But we have a break first.
It's still kinda surreal walking down the corridor just holding his hand. In the months we've been here, no one has outwardly been homophobic. If anything there's more gay people here than straight.
As we make our way into the cafeteria, I look around at all the Halloween decorations up and about. Every time I see something it gives me that flipping feeling in my stomach. It just brings back bad memories. Halloween is only a few days away. I shake the feelings and look round for anyone from the friendship group. I spot Rich and Christine sat at our regular table.
I sit beside Rich and Jeremy sits opposite me.

"Sup short ass, how was biology"
"Actually pretty interesting!"

Jeremy almost spits his water out

"Did I just hear Richard Goranski saying he was interested in a class?"

Even Christine look shocked

"I'm finding it hard to believe too!"
"Woah! Just because I didn't give 2 shits in High School!"
"Well that was super computers fault wasn't it"

Jeremy gives me the side eye but I know Rich knows i'm joking around

"That stupid ass tictac""

The SQUIP subject is still kinda touchy. Even this far on. Mainly because of when I myself got a SQUIP and Rich was the one to get rid of it. So it's a real touchy thing between us sometimes. But both of us are comfortable enough to sit making jokes.
All of our phones simultaneously vibrate at the same time, meaning someone is on the group chat