Part Five Little goddess

War and bloodshed was made by humans and hybrids. But the gods needed a way to control it, so they took the best warriors and strategists and made them the first line of Blood Gods. But like war itself The blood gods must change; they recruit new gods, and bless those they deem worthy, and a new cycle of warfare begins.
-

The long dinner table was being cleared out from the Royal Advisers dinner. Pink waited patiently with Matilda outside of the room. Matilda could help notice that Pink had been nervous for the last couple of days, she didn't know whether to say something or not.

"Hey~ girly, you good? You look as pale as a skeleton" Matilda's voice was calm and playful, Pink relaxed a little and she looked at her Aunt.

"I- didn't I tell you not to call me that?" Matilda could not help but to let out a snort in response.

"I'm sorry-I'm sorry! Princess." Matilda was going to say more but the other advisers started to walk out of the dining room. None of the royal advisers gave the princess or their superior any mind as they walked past.

Pink and Matilda sat down in their chairs. Matilda's was made from iron and gold, nether quartz was the only gem accent. Pink's was made from warped wood and gold, small diamonds were placed around the head rest, almost giving her a halo like an angel.

Soon Technoblade joined them. It seems like he just took a bath since his hair is still wet, Techno refused to miss family dinners even if he looked a bit goofy.

The two adults talked about trade routes and border disputes. Pink would usually listen. She found matters like this interesting, and she thought the princess of the kingdom should know what goes on, but tonight she simply ate thinking about how she would ask her father the question that burned her throat and made her heart stop.

" have you been practicing your archery?" The question almost made her jump out of her skin, Technoblade waited, patiently smiling at his daughter.

"yes father... I have been practicing swordsmanship as well." Pink noticed how her father looked a bit uncomfortable at the mention of a sword near her, so the rest of the statement died in her throat. Matilda noticed the awkward dip in conversation, and she asked Techno about his newest adventure.

Techno started to go on and on about how he was trying to take down a corrupt government, and how it was wearing down at him. Pink lost herself in her fathers elegant words. Her father was always the best storyteller; he could make someone's decapitation sound like an elegant poem about springtime. After dinner, Pink watched her father train and spar with Matilda. It was one of her favorite things, they both moved like they were dancing to a song with their weapons clashing together, a song that had been danced to by Blood Gods and humans for eons...

And Pink wanted so badly to learn more about the dance, and the song, maybe even to attend the party where she would be the mistress that all would want to dance with. Pink wanted to be the belle of the ball, the one that knew the most beautiful of dance moves, the one many envied just like her father. Just like the other Blood Gods.

Techno cursed himself out mentally as he held his daughter. She fell asleep while he and Matilda were training. He didn't really need to train with Matilda. It was just easier to get Pink to sleep like this, at least that's what he told himself.

Techno feared that one day his daughter would be taken away from him, and he could do nothing about it... It was one of his biggest fears, and whenever he thought about it the voices would get angry. They loved Pink, adored her and treasured her like she was a totem of undying. Technoblade knew the day that he claimed her that he was adding someone to his bloodline, that he would lose his in mortality just like his father. And just like his father he couldn't care less about himself, or anything else, because Pink was his entire world. She was his little nether star...

She was a gift from the blood gods, so he knew deep down in his heart that she would never truly be safe. That she will never know truly what a peaceful life was like, she will only know WAR!