part Eight  they guide me

The princess, or at least what remained of her, was found three weeks after her disappearance. Her body was found 13 miles away from the edge of the city in the Crimson Forest.
-
Pink knew that they couldn't possibly think she survived!

It was easy, uncomfortably easy, to fake her own death. It was easy to find the body of a young Hoglan child. It was easy to slip off her clothes and switch them out with the bloody tunic of the child. It was easy enough to find a ghast to blow up the body near. It was easy, but terrifying because of the whispers. the moment her father he- he would...

She didn't want to think about it.
Dont think about it don't think about itdontthinkaboutitdontthink

When she was on the floor she heard whispers that soon clouded her vision.

And before she knew it, she was gasping for breath roughly 10 miles out from the capitals walls!
And now she held her breath as a search party stopped at the corpse. If you could even call it that anymore, just chard remains and scraps of fabric.

Pink watched with morbid curiosity as the soldiers kneeled down before the body. Pink flinched as the whispers got louder and they cheered in... celebration?
As Pink walked away she chuckled.

"Maybe I'm going crazy, but if it means another day with my head on my shoulders, I would rather go fucking bonkers" Pink continued walking, her gold sword in her hand. The almost broken pickaxe was on her back, and laying in a small pouch attached to a string around her neck sat a sliver of a nether star.

-

Pink had no idea what time it was. All that she actually knew was that she could not go to the capital.
She had voices in her head.
She faked her own death.
She hated Crimson Forest.
And she needed to escape The Nether!

The last one was easier said than done. The only safe portals that Pink knew of belonged to her f- The king.
And at the moment Pink wasn't exactly rich, she only had her tools, gravel, a handful of golden nuggets, leather, and water bottle. The voices started to argue amongst themselves, some started even insulting Pink for not getting anything else while she was still at the castle!

"Let's not speak of the capital. We need to focus on what we have, and what we need, not on what could've been" Pink had been thinking far too much on what could've been.

When she was still in the Crimson Forest, she wondered if by now she would have been waving go-

The voices were weird! Pink figured it out, it was like a one-way mirror... in your head!
The voices could not hear her thoughts, and when she thought about things they quieted only a little just enough for her thoughts to be clear in her head. That gave her only a bit of comfort, but sometimes she wished they could hear her thoughts. Especially when she needed to interact with other Hoglunds, because the couple of times she had they probably pitied her, thinking she was some deranged orphan!

'Striders!' A Voice said and more joined. Pink smiled as she walked through a small village, whispering only loud enough for the voice to hear.

"striders would help"

Hmmm. beta reader notes. Can I just leave them here in hopes Siren won't see it? Well if I can please behold this knowledge: this chapter's beta reading was postponed to me pretending to be a dragon. I went extra on this chapter, can you tell? Look at me a dirty dirty oxford comma user -Rose

Author Notes. I do greatly enjoy pretending that I am a mythical beast terrorizing villages -siren