Chapter 16

Scarlet sat on her throne, alone. She read and read the book of history... In her talons, she had the future, but the only thing she cared about is how little she was in it.

" I'm barely in this thing!!! " She grumbled

" I can't believe I lasted that long... all because of peril... She was loyal... Except... " She turned to a page in the book.

" If she was royal, why didn't she protect me during the match against Ruby? "

Suddenly a guard burst through the door.

" WHAT IS IT? CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BUSY!!! "

" It's about Clay... He's here! "

Scarlet was confused... She lept off her throne and toward the arena. Clay was killing guards left and right.

" Intriguing... How long has he been here? " Scarlet asked.

" He just got here. "

Clay looked over at Scarlet and snarled. Scarlet smiled. Clay launched at Scarlet and was caught and thrown aside. Clay landed on his Talons.

" Is this what you've been making, Fracture? A queen destroyer? I dought you'll be able to beat me. " Scarlet said.

Scarlet sent the Mudwing onto his back and was prepared to grab onto his necklace, but it wasn't there and instead dug into his neck. Clay took out her talon and twisted it. Scarlet backed away slowly and noticed the black blood on not only her talon but also dripping from Clay's neck.

" So I see... Mind control from the inside... clever. "

Clay left the prison level and Scarlet looked at the black blood. Scarlet grabbed a guard and made him drink the dark blood. Suddenly the guard spoke in Fracture's voice.

" Don't try and make your own dark blood soldier. Only I can control them. "

" Then how can I make the blood? Who do I need to bleed? "

" You don't need to bleed anyone. You need a plant that has not even existed yet. "

The guard chokes and spits up the dark blood. Scarlet begins to look back into her book of history. Then she finds it.

" The breath of evil. Sounds threatening . All I need is someone to grow it... Just like Sundew did. "

Scarlet flew off to look for Rubyrose... The problem was she had no idea where she would have to go, so she had to guess by how the book of history went. She checked the mudwing kingdom, seawing kingdom, Rainwing kingdom, and sandwing kingdom. She knew only one other place could be. She headed toward the old icewing-sandwing palace where Blaze was already there.

" Scarlet? I wasn't expecting to visit you. How did you get past the guards? "

" I... Have my... ways... " Scarlet says, out of breath.

Suddenly, they hear the door open, and almost everyone is there.

" Scarlet? " Snowflake said.