Chapter 23

Bumblebee and Sunny made it to where the Eye of Onyx was... but it was already gone.

"She has it already... she must have... " Sunny said, frantically looking for it.

Fracture appeared at the entrance, with the Eye of Onyx around her neck.

"It's so sad... Isn't it. A freak of nature is more worthy than a blood queen." Fracture said.

"YOU HAD TO KILL THEM ALL FOR IT!!! YOU CHEATED!!!" Bumblebee said.

Sunny pounced at Fracture, and was able to get a hold of the Eye.

"Young Sunny... Please put it down." Fracture said.

"Why? So you can keep killing? I'm done with you, and once I am queen, you will be sent to death." Sunny said.

Sunny grabbed the Eye, and swung it on her neck... at first nothing happened.

" Hah! I have just proved you wrong! "

But Sunny began to disintegrate, starting from her front talons. It spread fast... She clung onto Bumblebee.

" Don't let me die..." Sunny said, with a bit of a raspy voice.

Sunny took the eye off, but the curse continued. Sunny tried to run, but her legs broke into pieces. She began to fly, but her wings crumbled like dirt. She drew a single tear, and her tiny body became the dirt around her. Fracture grabbed the Eye and put it on her.

" How could you take it after watching her die? " Bumblebee said, looking at where Sunny used to be.

" Some must be sacrificed to know who is in charge... "

Fracture teleported away with the Eye, leaving Bumblebee alone.

"I'm sorry Sunny... We'll make things right. "

Suddenly, the sky tore open, and wind seemed to swirl. The clouds formed together, and a large beam of light crashed into the building. Snowball and Fracture appeared at the same time, with Fracture's head drooping.

" He... lied to me... everything is a lie." Fracture said.

"I found her sulking over by the summer palace... I told her everything. "

Bumblebee looked confused at Snowflake.

"Who is Fracture? " Bumblebee questioned.

"Fracture used to be like us, but because of Brainstorm, he changed someone innocent into a raging monster. She was a scientist, working for Brainstorm, and she always disobeyed Brainstorm. In secret, Brainstorm updated an... interesting machine. It's sole purpose was to remove free will. Despite what he has said, he has no animus magic. He placed Fracture into the machine, and it was a success. Fracture was in his control."

" How do you know all this?" Bumblebee asked.

" Because I was there." Snowflake said.

" Lily?" Bumblebee said.

" It's been a while, Bumblebee." Lily said.

Bumblebee stood up, and hugged Lily.

"I never thought you would come back." Bumblebee said.

"Just one more question... why was Fracture crying?"

"Because... he used me... I thought I was to be something special, and change history... I was only a ploy. I was supposed to distract you from his real plan... to take over Pan-ria. "

"Pan-ria?" Bumblebee questioned

"I just made it up" Fracture said. " My old name was Smartmouth... "

" It fits you, Smartmouth" Bumblebee said.

" Where is everyone else? " Lilly asked.

" They were headed for the Night kingdom... to find Smartmouth... but now that she's here..."

"Oh... I may have set a trap..."

" YOU WHAT!?!? " Bumblebee growled.

"Look, I still thought I had to! "

" I don't care... Your breaking them out of that trap, Fracture! "

They ran off towards the old tunnel, towards the Night kingdom. They were pounced by the Replacement Dragonets...

" Who told you to pounce me? " Fracture said.

" Oh, miss Fracture... We were just..." Umber said, worried.

" get off me! " Fracture said, and so they did.

Suddenly, Morroseer walked up, and looked at Fracture, who still wore the Eye of Onyx.

" So... you finally became the Sandwing queen... A freak of nature... a fraud. You were not supposed to be the queen, Burn was." Morroseer said.

" Wait... I thought you said we had a choice." Viper said.

" You lied to us? " Umber said.

" Let's end him..." Viper said " I hated his guts anyway. "

The replacements took on Morroseer together, but they kept failing to latch onto anything worth ending him. Viper's tail kept being avoided, and the grabbed. Suddenly, Fracture grabbed Morroseer's head, and it began to sizzle. Morroseer tried to escape her grasp, but she dug into his skull. Morroseer's head began to engulf in flames, and snap just like Scarlet's.

" You Five... where did you take the prisoners? " Fracture said, pointing at the replacements.