Chapter 10

" Are the eggs really in danger? " Sunny said, with disappointment, probably for the dragonets

" yes, but Tsunami needs to gain the trust of her own mother first... if we sneak into the hatchery now we may be labeled as culprits. "

" That wasn't written in the book... how will you know that will happen? " Rubyrose said.

" Because I read about old seawing history, slug brain."

Rubyrose wasn't sure if she could trust Bumblebee anymore after she was saved by Blister. But she did save them from possible capture.

Then again, she did put us in that situation when she said she was a time traveler. Did she even actually read the book?

" Bumblebee... how about some of your friends go back to the Queen? " Blister called to Bumblebee. Blister seemed to whisper something in Bumblebee's ear, and by the expression on Bumblebee's face said it wasn't good.

" Glory, Seahorse, Rubyrose... You will go to the sea and investigate the mystery... Even though some of us already know about the culprit. Sunny, Peril... you're with us. "

They all split up, again, and they set out to sea.

They make it to the royal hatchery with almost no problem... they returned to the surface to speak again.

" What's the plan? " Tsunami called to the others.

" Well, If I remember correctly, you went inside alone as bait... " Rubyrose responded "Then the statues inside began to attack... It was later revealed... "

"Great... so... Me and Seahorse will go inside the hatchery "

" How will you convince the guards? " Rubyrose called to Tsunami

" That's where you two will come in "

" Oh great... this is going to end SO WELL," Glory said.

They set off to the hatchery, and the plan was in motion. Rubyrose and Glory talked to the guards in aquatic. Rubyrose knew the language almost by heart. Rubyrose had to teach Glory how to speak aquatic... it was not easy. They reached to bottom and began to speak to the guards.

You two, you are relieved of your duty.

Who gave us that order?

By order of the queues... Glory signed

No... its Queen. Rubyrose spoke back while illuminating her wings and wrists

My apologies... she is in training.

I understand, shall we escort her back to the training grounds?

no, I have this under control.

Glory tugged on Rubyrose and pointed to her snout.

great... she's running out of air.

Suddenly, Tsunami and Seahorse raced into the hatchery. The guards looked back, giving the two the perfect time to escape. Glory was beginning to slow down.

oh... you got to be kidding me.

Glory suddenly stopped swimming. Rubyrose swam back down and dragged Glory out of the sea and onto a nearby beach. Glory began to spit out water.

" I knew that wouldn't end well. " Glory said

They hear a roar from the trees in front of them.

" What was that? " Rubyrose said

" I recognize that roar anywhere... Clay. "

They venture into the woods and step into a rainforest, entirely in flames.

" By the moons, " Glory said

" By Clearsight," Rubyrose said

Rubyrose put her hand to the ground to hear the pain... and see if she can find the culprit.

speak to me, trees.

pain... suffering... death they all seem to say. Glory looked at Rubyrose as if she was talking to trees.

" What are you doing? "

" I'm leaf speaking... It's something we leaf wings do to well... speak to plants. We can also speak back, as I am now... "

" SERIOUSLY?!? WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO LISTEN TO LEAVES!!! MY FRIEND MAY BE IN DANGER AND YOU'RE TALKING TO GRASS?!?! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!? "

" Clay... "

" Yeah... Clay... What about him... it's not like you would care. "

Rubyrose straightened up and looked at Glory.

" Clay is here... he's ready to pounce. "

" Clay... pounce, don't be ridi-- "

" LOOK OUT!!! "

Rubyrose jumped on top of Glory, bringing her down, as Clay flew overhead and landed in front of him.

Can that really be him?

Clay seemed different. His eyes seemed clouded with darkness, his everlasting grin, now it's a snarl that looks like he could snap your neck with his teeth. His claws are extended and are more jagged and crooked. And his scales... they seemed worn out as if kept from the sun every day... he may even be missing some scales. He had scratch marks on his snout, and a large scratch on his left eye. This was not Clay, the Bigwings anymore... This was Clay, the monster that shouldn't have. He seemed to be trying to take something off his neck, as he was moving his neck a lot... then they saw the necklace.

" That necklace... that's probably what's controlling him" Rubyrose pointed out.

" How do we get that off of him? " Glory responded.

But before they could even come up with a plan, Clay lunged again, and grabbed Glory. Clay held her down, choking her. Rubyrose climbed onto him, and tried yanking on the necklace.

it's no use, it won't budge.

then she saw a small groove on the necklace.

that must be where it breaks.

Rubyrose shot some venom on the necklace and that seemed to do it. She picked it up and launched it, but Clay kept hold of Glory, and she began to turn white. Rubyrose was about to tell Glory to fire at Clay but remembered the replacements. So instead, Rubyrose spit at Clay, near where Glory was. This seemed to make Clay ungrasp Glory. Glory was able to escape, but now Rubyrose was in trouble. Clay launched himself into the air and grabbed Rubyrose by the wing.

" I'll show you how I really am... NO!! DON'T HURT HER!! GRAAAH!!! GO AWAY!!! I MUST DO AS I ASK!!! THE TRAVELLERS MUST DIE!!! "

Clay launched Rubyrose back to the ground but was able to catch herself in midair, as her wings were never broken. She landed beside Glory.

" Are you alright? " They both said to each other.

" Why is Clay like this? He's never like this. " Glory said.

" I'm not sure... maybe... "

Rubyrose saw the necklace on the ground and saw something stick out of it on the inside.

" What is that? "

" It's part of a syringe... there must have been something inside the necklace... and... "

" And what? "

Rubyrose looked at where she spit at and saw a large tube inside, she pulled the tube out, and droplets of strange goop speckles are still on it.

" And I think Clay is dealing with something a little bit... strange. "

Suddenly, Kestral appeared behind him.

" So... they made a monster? "