Chapter 30

"Well fuck me if you must then treat me like an old friend. I can’t exist within my own head so I insist on haunting your bed." - The 1975.

"Lorena?" 

I groan in return, only to feel someone tap on my arm. 

"Lorena?"

"No." I mumble tiredly. 

"Open your eyes, I made breakfast." Zayn. His voice is enchanting, but I'm so tired.

I half expected him to still be asleep, seeing as that he hasn't exaclty had a full nights rest in a few days. But here he is, eyes wide open with a tray of what actually looks like food that's been cooked and not been out of a container and placed on a plate.

A shirtless Zayn with breakfast, who wouldn't like this?

I sit up gingerly as he grins down at my lethargic movement. I'm trying desperately to open my eyes, brush my hair down and adjust the blankets but in reality, I'm just trying to wake up.

"Mmm chr." I mumble tiredly.

He chuckles. "What?"

I sigh. "Merry Christmas." I try again as a yawn escapes my mouth.

He leaves a kiss against my cheek and places he tray on my legs when I finally look up at him. Giving him the sign that I'm awake.

Sort of.

"Merry Christmas babe." He smiles and makes his way to the otherside of the bed, causing the bed to dip and for me to grip hold of the tray.

I have to take a double look at the tray. "You made bacon?"

He shrugs. "You use to like bacon."

"I stopped eating bacon because of you though." I frown at him as I close my eyes and sniff the amazing breakfast.

He grabs his plate and sighs. "I know, but it's whatever It's not like I'd eat it."

True. I nod and lean over to kiss his stubbly-cheek. "Thank you so much." I whisper appreciatively. 

He doesn't reply but smirks at me instead before taking a mouthful of scrambled eggs. "I'm starving."

"Did you really cook this?"

He hesitates. "Kind of. Liam helped me." He says shamelessly.

"Oh." I nod and smile. "I thought a miracle happened." I joke and hescoffs. 

"Right in the heart babe, right in the heart." He jokingly grasps his shirt before checking his phone. "My mum said she'd be over at lunch."

Oh. "I thought she'd come in the morning so we can open presents together."

"That was the plan, but I decided, because I hurt you so much yesterday by being absent." He paused and frowned. "I helped Liam cook us breakfast."

"Where is Liam?" I frown.

"He's gone."

I shake my head. "So you called Liam on christmas morning to get him out of bed to make us breakfast?"

Zayn chews on his food and nods. "Yeah?"

"How. . . . Nice of you." I say dryly. 

"I had to give him his and Sophias present." Zayn says.

"What did you get them?" I narrow my gaze at him. "Do I want to know?"

Zayn smirks. "Do you?"

I open my mouth but shut it immediately. "I don't think I do."