Chapter 2

"Sometimes you must hurt, in order to know. Fall, in order to grow. Lose, in order to gain, because most of life's greatest lessons are learned through pain." - Unknown.

I don't know what startled me more.

Waking up with Zayn whispering sweet nothings to me, or not waking up to Zayn yelling at me to wake up.

It did leave me in confusion, but I didn't question it.

If Zayn is in a good mood, I devour myself in his love until it disappears into thin air again.

"You need to stop wearing trousers to bed." Zayn murmurs as he props himself up on his elbow to look down at me.

"But it's comfortable." I frown.

"It's annoying. Why can't you wear something normal?"

I bite my lip. "Maybe I don't want you to see the bruises on my legs."

He sighs annoyed and co ties to hold my gaze in silence.

His eyes travel on my face, before looking at the bruise he had made on my cheek last night.

I divert my gaze away from his, unable to control the feelings that spiral in a downward motion inside of me.

"I hit you pretty hard didn't I?" Zayn murmurs softly.

It's an eery tone that sends shivers down my spine.

I don't reply, I can't. My hands are shaking with fear.

"Sorry babe. I was just really pissed off."

I roll my eyes.

Usually when he isn't in a shitty mood, he tolerates me a lot better.

"You always say that." I sigh annoyed and push the duvet off me.

Standing to my feet, I make my way to the bathroom and I'm aware he's following behind so I stop in the doorway and turn to face him.

"I'll make it up to you." He replies.

"By what? Apologising, making me dinner?!"

"I've already apologised!"

"Really? You call that an apology?!" I scowl.

"It was. I said I'm sorry."

I scoff. "Oh right, but I didn't forgive you, did I?! You need to calm down!" I exhale annoyed and walk into the bathroom before shutting the door on him and looking the door.

He tries to open it and I shake my head annoying.

"Go away!" I yell.

"Open the door." His voice is muffled but uncomfortably soft.

He bangs the door, louder this time. "Open the fvcking door!"

After a while, I decided on having a shower.

Zayn had left finally but I know he'll be back to annoy me.

I know for a fact that his patience is going to disappear and he'll be back to mark his canvas.

As if on cue, Zayn knocks on the door and I quickly wrap a towel around me.

Opening the door, I walk past Zayn and gather my clothes together with him following me behind extremely close.

"Are you ignoring me now?!"

I don't reply, which infuriates him even more. "Lorena!" He scowls.

Grabbing my wrist, I hiss as he twists so I face him and I manage to pull my hand free and run back into the bathroom to shut the door and lock it.