Chapter 16

Everything you try to ignore will always stick out. It's better to face it and conquer.. - Me

Previous Chapter***

"Why are you here? Aren't you with Candice?"

Zayn shakes his head. "No we're not together."

"It's not what I heard."

"She was a fling to try and get over you." Zayn admits. "I lo-" he hesitates and sighs. "I miss you."

I frown and as my lips start to tremble.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

"I'm sorry, Rena. I really am."

***

"Sorry for what exactly. Driving me completely insane; hitting me, hurting me, cheating on me. Why? Why do you choose now to talk to me?"

Zayn bites his lip. "Because I'm leaving for America tomorrow. Two months away from home is a long time. I don't want to come back home and realise that I was too late."

He pauses for a moment and realises that I'm in no situation to talk so soon. "Since I've been going through therapy sessions, she's decided to put me through some strange conditioning. I had to go to rehab last week."

"Rehab?" I frown.

"Yeah. Rehabilitation. I was in the Angry department."

I half smile but immediately stop myself from smiling as he contuies to fiddle around with his fingers.

"Everyday we had someone different come in to talk to me about my coping techniques and how everything is doing while we were there. It was strange but it opens your eyes. I guess." He shrugs. "My therapists said I don't show enough emotion besides like anger and shit."

Well, she's right duh.

"I thought I was like bipolar or something, but I'm fine. I just have temper problems." Zayn murmurs. "I want to change, but I don't know how to. I need someone to like teach me or something, I don't know what she calls it. Condition maybe?' Zayn frowns.

"Zayn." I look down. "You put me through so much." I say weakily. I knaw on my bottom lip as my nerves begin to pick up again. "I can't just forgive you and then forget about everything that happened because you have temper problems.."

Goosebumps begin to raise on my skin as he closes his eyes and sighs.

"I know it's going to take some time, I realised that. But I just want to know if you'll ever give me another chance again? If not, then I'll leave you alone for good. I'll even buy a house so you can stop talking to Louis."

I rise to my feet and walk over to the door before pacing back and forth.

"How do I know I can trust you?" I frown as he stands to walk in front of me. I stop walking as I feel his breath against my nose.

"You're not scared of me anymore. That's a start." Zayn says. "Isn't it?"

I swallow.

"I miss you." Zayn murmurs.

Catching me completely off guard, he glides the back of his fingers along my cheek and I close my eyes at the foreign gentle touch.

"I'm sorry." He whispers quietly as his forehead rests against mine.

My heart is pounding so hard. His eyes are staring directly into mine. He's so close, I could clearly see the spec in his left eye.

He cups my face gently, the simple gesture causing my skin to heat up like fire.