Chapter 44

"And remember, nobody's feelings are more important than your own, so take time to love yourself." -King.

//

"So?" Zayn speaks finally. His voice distinctively quiet as he manages to break the silence.

I face him as he diverts his gaze off the road and onto me.

"What?"

"How do you feel after seeing her?"

I look down at my fingers and frown. I would have preferred to see Grace.

"I feel, weird." I say honestly.

Zayn nods and looks back at the road. "I understand."

One thing I had notice, leaving that building has made me think more than I want too. Most of the time, I'm in my head while my body moves around on its own.

The sentence that hadn't left my head was what she had said to me before I left; All pain transforms to a lesson. You're lesson is still in continuation.

Something inside of me is telling me not to tell Zayn about this quote. I know hes smart enough to decipher it for himself and maybe thats why I don't want him too.

Maybe if Faylyn didn't favouritise the word why, I may have stayed longer, but Zayn himself was getting paranoid and decided to rejoin us again.

I do feel like a little weight has been lifted off me, but does it resolve anything?

I don't know yet.

Breaking me away from my thoughts for the third time, Zayn grabs my hand. I blink and take in my surroundings, finally realising that we're back home.

"Are you okay?"

I smile in response. "Yeah."

Pulling my hand away, I get out of the car and make my way back inside through the garage with Zayn close behind.

"What were you guys talking about?" Zayn questions.

The distinctive sound of the keys dropping on a hard surface made me turn abuptly to him and he stops in front of me, expression clearly confused.

"What?"

I sigh anxiously. "Nothing." I shake my head. "Um, we were just talking about me." I lie timidly.

"That's it?" Zayn frowns, obviously expecting more as he raises an eyebrow this time.

I nod while making my way into the kitchen.

Zayn takes a seat on the bar stool while he watches my every move. His eyes narrows.

"Are you sure?" His tone is dry.

I nod again.

He continues to watch me, eyes glazed over with a look of confusion. He's preoccupied.

"Do you want something to drink?" I question quietly after I realised how silent we both are.

He shakes his head and sighs before standing and walking away.

I frown and watch him his, until he's no longer in my site, but the figment for my hearing.

I hear his footsteps going upstairs and I look back down at my trembling hands.

Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes and rethink about what was said in the therapy session.

After she had asked me why about a dozen times about why I didn't trust Zayn, she tried for a new tactic and asked more about our past.