Chapter 7

"How far down can you go, before you realise no one can reach you?" - Me :)

I spent two whole weeks in silence.

Not a single word left my mouth.

I knew Zayn had come to some fucked up conclusion to beat me to get me to talk but I was so lifeless. It's like everything was drained out of me and now I can't function.

My ankle is progressing slowly, but if I ever choose to run again, I think I'll fuck it up even more.

The microwave beeps suddenly and I take out the plate and place it in front of Zayn.

"Thanks." He murmurs quietly.

Oh yeah. DId I forget to mention that Satan has manners? It's probably some twisted fucked up way to get something out of me.

"Are you going to be mute again today?" Zayn questions tiredly.

I don't reply, instead I ignore him and he slams his fist down on the table.

"Jesus Lorena, talk to me! Please!" Zayn begs and I hold his gaze.

Silence follows and I look down.

"Say something!" Zayn adds. "Come on, just say something, anything?"

I take a deep breath and look at him, but I don't speak. I don't say a word.

"Can you at least sit down with me?" Zayn finally says after a moment of complete silence.

I hesitate but finally sit and he sighs in relief.

"Talk to me." He mumbles, taking a mouthful of the macaroni and cheese I had to reheat for him.

He spent the last half an hour on the phone with someone, and the way he spoke, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a girl.

Probably Candice.

I roll my eyes and look out the lounge room window and he sighs before placing his fork down on the plate.

"Why are you not talking to me? I haven't done anything to you since last week." Zayn says exasperated.

I bite my lip and sit back in my seat to fold my arms and Zayn reaches over to grab my wrist.

"Just say something to me."

"What?" I shrug.

His eyes widen and I blink at him confused. "Wait, what?"

I shake my head and stand but he stands too.

I step back skeptically as if he was about to do something to me, but he doesn't. He throw his hand up as if it's an indication that I'm in safe haven.

Yeah - for now.

"You spoke?" Zayn blinks.

I shrug again.

He smiles half heartedly and sighs in relief before digging something out of his pocket and then grabbing my wrist. "I got you something."

I look up at him through narrowed eyes.

Sliding my sleeve up my arm to expose my pandora bracelet, he pulls a little gold pandora charm out of the tiny bag and snaps it on the bracelet.

I gape but close my mouth immediately to look at him.

What's your game? 

"My sister wants to spend the day with you." Zayn says.

I blink at him.