Chapter 1

"... you don't have to wait for someone to treat you bad repeatedly. All it takes is once, and if they get away with it that once, if they know they can treat you like that, then it sets the pattern for the future." 
― Jane Green.

"And then they called me saying that none of mine got onto the album." Zayn says frustratedly.

He slams his fist on the table and I jump from a fright before I'm standing immediately and reaching over to calm him down.

I'm aware my hands are shaking.

Please don't hurt me.

"I spent so much time on those songs, and none of them even got on." Zayn scowls.

I bite my lip.

"Nialls song got on the fucking album and mine didnt?!" He continues.

"The next album maybe? I loved those songs."

"Well they're obviously not good enough." Zayn shakes his head.

I shrug. "I think they are."

"Your opinion doesn't matter. It doesn't mean shit to me Lorena!" Zayn walks past me to grab a drink bottle from the refrigerator.

I sigh and fiddle around with my shirt material before walking towards the lounge room and sitting down. 

"I'm going out.. Dinner better be ready before I get back." Zayn spits.

I roll my eyes, taking advantage of the fact that my back is facing him. 

Suddenly, I feel his hand grabbing hold of my hair and he yanks back viciously so I'm looking up at him. I wince, followed by a squeamish yelp.

"You want to roll your eyes again?" Zayn scowls.

I whimper, clutching onto his hand around my hair and he lets go, managing to push me away at the same time. "I can see your reflection through the TV dumbass."

I pierce my lips together and stand aburptly to turn and face him. Slowly I pace back as he watches me with dark, unamused eyes.

"What!?" He scolds me and I jump from a fright.

"God you piss me off." He shakes his head and walks out of the house, leaving me alone and imprisoned yet again.

***

As soon as I heard the car from downstairs arrive, I turn the stereo off and the TV and quickly change into a pair of trousers and run downstairs to the microwave to heat up the food that I had prepared earlier.

Knowing Zayn, he'd most likely be distracted with his phone before entering, but I'm suddenly proved wrong when I feel his arms wrapping around my waist.

The smell of weed consumes meand I widen my gaze.

He's high. 

Annoying as that is, that's also. . .good?

He's calm. He won't do anything,

Shocked, I squeal suddenly when he grips harder onto my waist and he leans down to plant a kiss against my cheek and sighs quiely before I turn around to face him.

Zayn holds up a rose and sighs. "Sorry." He murmurs quietly before leaving yet another kiss against my cheek, then my lips. "I was angry earlier."

"I know." I sigh and take it before smiling up at him. "Thank you."

A lazy smile falls on his face before he sniffs.

The microwave behind me beeps and I jump.

"You're so jumpy." Zayn frowns and suddenly smirks. "Come upstairs." He turns on his heel and continues on and I hesitate.