Chapter 52.

"Okay. I admit. Bingo was a lot more fun than I thought it would be." Liam chuckles as he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"I think throwing the counters at the other people were the reason why we got kicked out." I chuckle as he unlocks his car. "If it's going to be like this every time we go out, I'm not sure I should come with you next time."

"Okay but we had fun right?" Liam smirks.

I nod and smile. "It was fun." I say in agreement.

My missed calls from Zayn however. Isn't fun. My mind lingers for a split second, but I push it away immediately when I look back at Liam.

"Hey, Liam." I call out to him as I walk to my car.

He turns to me and raises his eyebrows. "Yeah?"

"Thank you for taking me out." I smile kindly.

"There's more to come if Zayn isn't in the picture." Liam says honestly.

I partially frown before clearing my throat. "I'll see you around."

"Wait- Lorena. My sister might help you get a job. She's a make up artist."

I raise my eyebrow as I lean on his car. "I'd love that. Would she really help me?"

Liam nods. "I'll call you tomorrow and let you know about it."

I nod as a small smile slips on my lips.

"Okay. Thank you again Liam." I say before getting in the car.

I wave goodbye to him and bite my bottom lip.

I jump from a fright when my phone rings and I sigh quietly before answering through my Bluetooth speaker.

"Hello?"

"Why are you with him?"

Zayn.

I sigh quietly. "Don't do this to me right now."

"Please just come back home." Zayn replies after a moment.

My heart squeezes at his weak tone. Am I allowed to break down right now, or is that just a sign of weakness?!

"I can't."

"I miss you." He whispers.

I close my eyes as if it'll help me somehow.

"Don't make this hard for me Zayn." I beg. I can feel the knot in my throat growing thicker and thicker.

He sighs quietly. "Where are you?"

I manage to pick myself up and take a deep breath. Don't let this break you. Don't let him in.

"I'm not telling you." I say sternly.

"Don't be difficult."

"You're being difficult by calling every minute." I say. "I have to go."

"Please Lorena. Just let me talk to you!"

"What do you want Zayn?! What do you want from me?!" I whimper as tears I tried to hold back fall from my eyes and down my face.

"I just want you. I want you to come home. Please!"

"You can't do this to me. It's not fair!"