Chapter 29

"Every beginning leads to an end. Just like every failure leads to success." - Me.

//

I have no idea where we're going.

The car trip itself is dead silent and I want answers. But I can't say anything.

Zayn attempts to reach for my hand again and I jerk away, causing him to sigh.

"Were you really going to leave me?" Zayn questions worriedly.

"You weren't home." I scowl.

"So? It didn't mean I wanted to end things. What made you think that?!"

"I had reasons." I murmur uselessly.

Zayn sighs again. "I don't want to end things."

I pierce my lips shut, giving him a sign that I no longer want to talk about this.

"Christmas Eve. It's Christmas Eve today Zayn."

"I know. It wasn't suppose to take this long. You kept asking me where I was and I didn't have any excuses left." Zayn mumbles.

I frown. What the hell is he talking about?!

He parks the house outside a gated community and punches in a code.

My frown deepens as the gates open.

He turns right onto a road with mismatched mansions and i look at him confused.

"Where are we?"

He doesn't reply when he parks the car on the side of the road.

Getting out of the car, he makes his way over to my side and helps me out before taking out one of his suite ties in his pocket.

"Close your eyes." Zayn murmurs.

I frown.

"Just do it. Please." He begs softly.

After one confused look at him, I close my eyes as I feel the material coming around my skin and at the back of my head. It tightens momentarily as he ties it in a knot.

"I wanted a fresh start. A fresh start means starting over and-" he grabs my wrist and leads me somewhere. "I've been really busy with this. I wanted you to think that I was cheating on you, when really I wasn't. I wanted to give you that idea so I wouldn't ruin the surprise but you were so angry with me."

I frown in confusion.

"I couldn't go then come back again to find you gone. So I had to flea the house before you got that idea. I was gone a lot and I'm sorry. But I was busy with all this planning and furniture shopping. I wanted it to be perfect- Just be careful with the step."

I slowly raise my leg and step up on the step, while my other foot follows through.

"I did this all for you." Zayn whispers as I feel the tie loosen around me.

It falls down my neck and my mouth opens wide as I take in my surroundings.

"Oh my god! You brought a new house?!"

He nods. A smile pills on his face as I cover my mouth in shock.

"Our old memories will stay in that house forever. This will be our new home. New memories." He says quietly. "Good ones."

I bite my lip as my eyes start to tear. Guilt builds up in me too and I wrap my arms around his torso.

"I'm sorry!" I whimper. "I thought you were-"

"It's okay. Don't. Don't cry! I'll show you around?"

I sniff and manage to pull away. He smiles down at me and grabs my face to kiss me.