Chapter 26

"You can be in a relationship for 2 years and feel nothing; you could be in a relationship for 2 weeks and feel everything. Time is not a measure of love"

"How did you even know where I was?" I question confused.

Zayn diverts his gaze off the road and towards me. "Eleanor told Louis."

I frown and look down at my phone to see I have three missed calls from Zayn and four texts.

"Were you worried about me or something?" I slurr as I shut my eyes.

"I don't like sleeping alone anymore." Zayn murmurs before pulling into the driveway. "How much did you drink?" He questions as the engine cuts out.

"Wow we got here really fast!" I widen my gaze up at the house.

I can still feel my body buzzing from this worm. I'm not even at the peak.

"Rena, are you even listening?" Zayn grabs my hand as I start to make my way out of the car and away from the front door that I was suppose to go to.

"This way." Zayn says tiredly.

"But I have to make the rock garden." I mumble as Zayn sighs annoyed.

Instead of going to the rock garden, I make my way around towards the back and sit down outside by the pool. I take my heels off and dip my feet in the pool before laying down on the concrete and closing my eyes.

"Rena, can you come inside, it's cold out here."

I frown. "It's not cold."

"Yes it is." Zayn mumbles annoyed.

I close my eyes as I begin to fist pump the air and hum a song that's still ringing in my ears.

"Can we go to bed?"

"I'm not tired." I mumble sluggishly before sitting up and standing to my feet.

Grabbing the end of my dress, I peel it off my body and stop momentarily as Zayn stands. "What are you doing?"

"Swimming." I smirk. "Come in."

"I don't swim. Come on stop being an idiot." Zayn sighs before grabbing my hand and leading me towards the house.

He stops momentarily and walks back to pick my dress up, leading me free.

Taking advantage of it, I run and dive into the pool and swim up to the surface as a smile edges on my face.

"God damn it Lorena just come inside!" Zayn says.

"Join me!"

Zayn frowns. "I can't swim! You know that."

I roll my yes. "I can teach you?"

He scoffs. "When you're intoxicated like this? No. Get out of the pool."

"Why?"

"Because it's three in the morning." Zayn sighs as I swim to the edge where he's standing, a frown chiseled into his face before he turns back into the house.

I frown as the door closes and a moment later, he walks back out with a towel.

He bends down and wraps his hands under my arms before hoisting me up effortlessly.

"You have goosebumps." Zayn scowls.

"I'm not cold." I murmur as I fold my arms. He wraps the towel around me.

"Are you going to come inside?"

I pierce my lips to the side. "Will you hit me if I do?"

He blinks at me. "What- no."