Chapter 23

"Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen." -A legend.

*THREE WEEKS LATER*

"Can you pass me the salt sweetie." Trisha points to the shaker and I quickly grab it and hand it to her with a timid smile.

"Thank you." She returns with a genuine smile and I try to relax my stiff posture.

I don't know if it's just me and my ways of being very anxious, but I feel as if I'm unwelcome here.

My eyes are cast down at my dinner plate as Waliyha's gaze is furiously staring into me.

Last time I had seen her, I told her myself that I couldn't be with Zayn.

Now, three months later, I back with Zayn.

Well in his words, starting over.

"I'm glad you two are back together." Waliyha comments and I look up at her, then at Zayn who frowns.

"Me too." He comments with a smirk.

"Why'd you guys break up anyway?" Waliyha questions, tone immensely curious.

My posture stiffens and Zayn sighs.

"Waliyha, stop being so impulsive." Doniya murmurs.

I bite my lip and keep my mouth shut.

"What I just want to know why?" Waliyha shrugs. "At least Zayn is nicer." She adds.

I have noticed that. Since Zayn and I got back together, he's treating everyone differently. His temper hasn't changed but he hasn't scared me to where I can't trust him again.

Maybe because he hasn't reached to the point yet.

"Thanks Waliyha, thanks." Zayn murmurs annoyed.

"Seriously though." Waliyha coughs. "I find it weird that you two broke up and now you're back together. I mean you guys go out all the time now. It's cute but, it's like-"

"Waliyha. Just stop." Zayn scowls, causing the table to grow quiet.

"Christmas is coming soon." Trisha changes the subject since the silence has hit us.

"Mum its two months away." Zayn comments.

"One and a half actually." Waliyha corrects.

They both exchange glares.

I swallow my food down as if it's the only thing that I can think of doing. This food is my only distraction.

"What are you two planning to do?" Trisha then questions.

From the corner of my eye, Zayn gazes down at me and I look up at him confused.

"The boys and I are going to New York a few days before, so I think we'll be staying home for Christmas." Zayn says, while keeping his steady gaze on me.

"It'll be lovely to spend Christmas with you two for once." Trisha adds. "We've never had Christmas together. Maybe the next day, but I think it'll be nice to have a Christmas altogether. Lorena, what about your family? Are they able to come?"

I stop whatever I'm doing and look up at Trisha. Zayn's hand lands on my thigh, reassuringly squeezing.

"Uh, I haven't really spoken to my mother in a while." I murmur quietly.

"I don't think that'll be a good idea anyway mum." Zayn says firmly before taking a mouthful.

I nod sadly and Trisha frowns.