Chapter 36

"Fuck' the fake friends, where your real friends at." Drake.

//

"You look hot." Sophia compliments.

"It's freezing outside." I scold.

Eleanor shrugs. "Wear a jacket."

"Can't I just wear the black jumpsuit?" I pout.

"Nope." Sophia shakes her head. "I'm wearing a jumpsuit."

I roll my eyes and take a look in the mirror again. Adjusting my dress by pulling it down, Eleanor flings my hair over my shoulders and smiles.

"Trust me you look fine. I'm wearing a dress too."

I roll my eyes. "The only difference is, is that I look like a potato compared to you."

Eleanor rolls her eyes this time. "Oh shut up."

A knock comes through the door and I frown. "Who is it?!"

"It's Louis! Rena, I just wanted to tell you that your veggies in the oven are almost ready."

I frown and look at the time in my watch and immediately jolt towards the door to push passed louis who looks at me confused.

"They're ready!" I yell over my shoulder at him.

Running down the staircase, I grab the oven mitts and pull out the tray to find they're perfectly fine.

Phew.

Smiling, I place the tray on the cooling stones and throw them mitts back on the rail.

I hear someone's footsteps enter the kitchen and I look over my shoulder to see Zayn picking at the stuffing.

I bite my lip nervously. He's given me the silent treatment since he came back with the groceries.

It's ridiculous.

Seven hours till a new year, and all he wants to do is ignore me.

I fold my arms and turn to face him as he walks over to the sink to wash his hands.

"Are you going to talk to me before dinner at least?" I frown up at him.

He doesn't talk, instead he turns to me, briefly locking eyes with mine and snatching the tea towel off me to dry his hands.

"Zayn." I say, voice tight.

Turning on his heel, he walks out of the kitchen and I almost want to tell everyone to fuck off so I can just bury myself in bed and sleep this off.

Louis walks in this time and frowns. "Okay, did something-"

"I don't want to talk about it." I mumble tiredly as I grab a sharpened knife.

"Well-"

"Go talk to Zayn, he seems to have more problems than me." I mutter.

Louis walks over to me and frowns as he sees how viciously I'm cutting this stupid meat.

I don't even want to go out.

I don't even want these people here!

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." I stop and face Louis. "It's him."

"Okay, okay." Louis throws his hands up before leaning forward. "Lorena?"

I sniff and look at him. "What?"

"You look nice." Louis murmurs. "If he hasn't said it yet, I suggest you go change in something else to make him say something."