Chapter 21

"Your hesitation speaks to me, louder than million words per minute" -The weeknd.

ZAYNS POV

"Ahh, I'll just have water for now." I murmur to the waiter.

She nods with a small smile before letting me be for the second time.

I look at the time on my phone and groan inwardly.

Oh god I hope she hasn't stood me up.

Every single person that's walking through the door is making me feel like I'm setting my hopes up for a disaster.

What if she doesn't show?

I guess I deserve it. I sigh tiredly before checking the time again.

10:18am.

She's almost 20 minutes late. I hope nothing has happened to her.

I look back down at my fidgeting hands before standing tall, only to see Lorena in front of me and sigh in relief.

"I'm so sorry I'm late I got stuck in traffic-"

"It's okay." I breathe. "I'm just glad you're okay." I say honestly.

I hesitate as she blinks at me with a timid smile on her face.

Pulling out her chair she hesitates herself and takes a seat before I take my own.

"So how are you?" I raise my eyebrow as my palms start to sweat from the anxiety.

"I'm good." She nods as the waiter returns with a jar of water. "and yourself?"

I shrug as my pour her then myself a water. "I'm good and you?"

Lorena gives me a look and then I realise I just asked her again. I shake my head and sigh as I place the jug of water back down.

"I haven't slept in a while, so I'm not all there at the moment." I confess as I chug down as much water as I possibly can.

Lorena frowns at my strange behavior. "Are you okay?"

I nod before refilling my glass. "Shall we order?"

Lorena frowns and grabs her menu off the table before I nod in agreement and take my own.

I can't stop staring at her. Not only has her apperance change, everything about her has changed. She's changed a lot.

Not changed, she's back to her old self, the girl I terrified away.

I look back down at my menu as guilt takes over. "I'll just stick with the english breakfast." I say before placing my menu down while Lorena continues to look.

She sighs before putting her menu down and gesturing to the waiter.

I watch as she licks her lips slowly before pointing down at what she wanted. "He'll have the english breakfast with a strong white tea. No sugar. I'll just stick with water." She says quietly before the waiter nods and grabs both our menus.

I frown at her. "You're not ordering?"

She shakes her head before sipping her water.

"You need to eat."

Lorena rolls her eyes. "I don't like eating in front of you."

I frown. "Why?"

She hesitates. "You're just-" she pauses and shrugs. "You always had something to say when I ate in front of you."

I blink at her and sigh. I guess that's true.

I was such a dick to her. How did she handle it. I hold her gaze for a while until she finally breaks eye contact and looks down.