019 the upper hand

🝆 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 🝆
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃

"Now folks, for the last match of the first round! We have the boy who's been somewhat famous since middle school, with a face only a mother could love, Bakugo Katsuki of class 1-A! Versus! The one I'll be rooting for, Uraraka Ochaco, also from cl...

"Now folks, for the last match of the first round! We have the boy who's been somewhat famous since middle school, with a face only a mother could love, Bakugo Katsuki of class 1-A! Versus! The one I'll be rooting for, Uraraka Ochaco, also from class 1-A!"

The students stood across from one another in the arena, the crowd filled with murmurs of worry.

With a dark look on his face, Bakugo called out to his opponent, "You're the bitch that floats shit, right? If you're gonna withdraw, do it now. An 'ouch' during the match won't cut it."

With that, Present Mic yells out for the match to start.

"Withdraw? I don't have that option!" Uraraka responded, immediately running toward Bakugo, keeping her body low to the ground. As the majority of the class shouted out once Bakugo let off a huge explosion, Naoko watched silently.

Through the rubble of the explosion, Uraraka had managed to use her jersey as a decoy so that she could sneak up on the boy. However, he had realized with enough time to send her flying with another explosion.

The match continued, Uraraka maintaining her resolve with continuous attempts to touch Bakugo so she could use her quirk on him. Come to think of it though, Uraraka should know that there's no way Bakugo would let her get close enough to use her quirk on him... she's gotta have something else up her sleeve.

Despite the brunette's efforts, Bakugo let off nonstop explosions to keep the girl at bay.

Naoko was calm, understanding Bakugo's behavior despite the disagreements she could hear in the crowd.

"Hey!" A hero in the audience stood and yelled down at Bakugo, "Do you mean to be a hero with conduct like that? If your strength level is that much bigger, just send her out of bounds already! How dare you toy with a girl like that!"

Naoko wasn't calm once she heard those words. The air around her heated up, and what sounded like a low growl escaped her throat before Kirishima reached over and rubbed her shoulder. Rolling her eyes at the man yelling, Naoko grit her teeth and sunk into her chair.

Present Mic pointed out that people in the stands were beginning to boo Bakugo, and was in the midst of agreeing before Aizawa cut him off, speaking to the pro hero who had started the uproar.

"Who just said he's toying with her? You a pro? How many years?" The portion of the crowd who had agreed with the hero who had called out looked on in shock as Aizawa spoke, "If you said that in your right mind, there's no need for you to keep watching... Do us all a favor and go home. In fact, maybe you ought to hang up the cape and look for another career path."

The audience erupted once more with exclamations of disbelief, but Aizawa simply kept speaking, "He clearly recognizes the strength of an opponent who'd reached this far, and is on guard as a result. It's because he's doing everything in his power to win that he's refusing to let his guard down."