004 blue

🝆 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 🝆
𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄

Naoko wasn't sure what to think about the sudden chills she'd been plagued by

One day, she woke up and her four year old self felt frozen. Her shared bedroom with her twin brother was no longer warm and comfortable—it was frigid and absolutely unbearable.

She clung to Touya now more than ever, the twelve year old boy being more than happy to provide his little sister with warm hugs every second of the day.

But it was worrying—the girl could hardly move. She stayed in bed, buried under a dozen blankets, teeth chattering despite the lack of cool air being filtered into the house. She wore multiple jackets around the house, donning her snow boots and fuzzy socks even when she was only going to the kitchen.

Their father hadn't noticed, seeing as he was hardly home. But to all four of Naoko's older siblings, something was wrong.

One morning, just a few days after Naoko and Shoto's fourth birthday, the girl walked into the kitchen, finding her eldest brother hunched over a bowl of cereal.

"Ao?" she called out, voice shaking, "Can you make me warm please?"

Touya glanced up at her wide eyed, spoon still in his mouth. He swallowed quickly, nearly choking, and rushed to answer his baby sister.

"Yeah, of course Aka," he smiled, "Get over here!"

Naoko flashed him a shy smile before running to sit on his lap. The thick winter coat she was wearing, plus the fuzzy blanket she had wrapped around her tiny frame, made it hard for Touya to hold onto her, but he managed anyway. He let his quirk flare up a tiny bit, making his body emit the warmth that Naoko so desperately needed.

"C-can I see them?" Naoko asked, teeth chattering.

Touya grinned before holding his left hand up next to them and igniting his fingers. Cobalt blue flames emitted from his finger tips, seeming to dance right in front of Naoko's eyes. She always found Touya's fire to be gorgeous, and she wished every night that her quirk would come and be even half as beautiful.

Touya's grin widened as he saw his little sister's eyes light up with excitement, the blue color of her irises appearing even brighter with the reflection of his fire.

But suddenly she reached out, her small fingers brushing his. Touya jumped in fright, begging to whatever powers were greater than him that his quirk hadn't hurt Naoko.

The silence between the two grew as they noticed the flames jump into her hand harmlessly. The red haired girl wiggled her fingers, and the light leapt between them. Touya's mouth fell in shock, which was broken only once he heard Naoko giggle.