036 just this once

i dnt like this chapter i think its boring n dumb i h8 writing thoughts n feeling into dialogue so srry *pukes*

🝆 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 🝆
𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄

🝆 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 🝆𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄

"I'm sorry," were the first words to leave Naoko's lips. She shifted in her spot, arm brushing against Katsuki's, his skin warm despite the chill of the air. Katsuki blinked at her words, thinking back in wonder at what she could be sorry for.

"I don't think I've been a great friend," she admitted, "It's hard for me to share things and express myself flat out."

Katsuki shook his head, but couldn't piece together a sentence.

"I feel... like everything you know about me was shared without my consent," she whispered, "Eavesdropping on Shoto, having fucking panic attacks in front of you... and I'm not... mad about you learning about me, y'know, I'm happy to have you as a friend. It's just overwhelming because there's so much going on in my head and it's so hard to be comfortable and confide in people for the first time in... a long time."

Tears pooled in the corners of her eyes, her feeling overwhelmed as she thought of the back and forth her mind has made for the past few weeks. She was so torn on what to do, what to believe. Her resentment toward heroes grew and grew with every minute, but she had tried so hard to hold onto her hope of being a hero. It was what she had wanted her whole life, to become a hero with new principles, a disregard for the publicity that had always been shoved down her throat.

"I get it. I've..." Katsuki started softly before clearing his throat, "I've never really had friends. There was Deku when we were kids but... shit happened. And I never acknowledged all that and what it all meant for me."

Naoko turned her gaze to the blond boy, chuckling lightly, "That what the nicknames are from, Kacchan? It's kinda hard to picture it."

Katsuki swallowed, "Shut the fuck up. But yeah. I... I pushed him away. And it went too far... I think I've been scared to address it. It's why it's fuckin' annoying that he's so damn friendly. Bastard grinds my gears, the shithead."

"You don't think you deserve his kindness, do you?"

"Aren't we supposed to be talking about your dumbass, Goosebumps?"

"You're the one who changed the focus!" Naoko exclaimed, "Screw off!"

Naoko smiled but let it drop, sighing and turning away to pick at her sharp nails as they rested on the picnic table they sat at.

"I don't know where to start."

"The beginning? Start with that panic attack. What the fuck was that about?" Katsuki grunted, folding his arms on the table and resting his chin on them with a pout.