015 obstacles

🝆 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 🝆
𝐎𝐁𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐒

As soon as Midnight shouted, the students all bolted forward, crowding through the gate and into a tunnel far too small to accommodate them

Naoko, having started at the front of the pack didn't need to worry much about getting stuck in the narrow start gate. Instead, she worried about Shoto's ice making its way across the ground.

Almost immediately after the boy sent the ice back, Naoko froze in place. Even if he hadn't managed to cover her feet, the temperature drop was enough to nearly send the girl into shock.

"And they're off!" Present Mic announced, "Right off the bat, Todoroki Shoto freezes the competition, snatching himself an early lead!"

I can't be done this early, that's just pathetic, she thought to herself as she took a breath, C'mon, I practiced this.

Gathering her energy, Naoko sent fire down to her feet, not only melting the ice in a split second, but allowing her to burst into the air. The girl landed further ahead, just in front of other 1-A students that had managed to dodge her brother's assault.

"But not everyone could be done in by Todoroki's ice! Plenty of students managed to evade or escape!"

The girl looked behind her, catching a glimpse of the other students who couldn't dodge, seeing them try to shatter the ice with their bare hands or with help from their quirks. With a sigh, Naoko sent a small wave of fire across the ground, weakening and melting the ice before she turned back forward and sprinted past dozens of people within seconds, her speed allowing her to run just behind her brother.

Mineta shouted as he jumped at Shoto, "I ain't buying your stupid double bluff, Todoroki! Now why don'tcha swallow my killer move! Grape-!"

Before the small boy could even say his move's name, he was smacked out of the air by a metal arm. Looming over the students were the robots that were used in the entrance exam.

"Here come the obstacles! And from the very outset, the first barrier will be a robo inferno!"

The students came to a stop in front of the machines, wondering how they were going to get past them. Standing right next to her brother, Naoko realized that as he observed the robots, this was her chance to get ahead of him.

Without wasting a second, Naoko once again sent a burst of grey fire from her feet and propelled herself into the air, dodging and jumping off of the metal arms that tried to knock her out of the sky.

"And there goes Todoroki Naoko! Ahead of the competition, using her fire and agility to fly over the opponents!"

As Naoko jumped off the final robot and onto clear ground, she could hear the cracking of ice behind her. Shoto had froze the bots while off balance and made his own way through, nearly catching up to his sister, who had to take a moment to warm herself after her brother's ice sent a wave of cold air in her direction.