037 dark smoke

🝆 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 🝆
𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐄

Goosebumps littered the pale skin left exposed on Naoko's arms and legs

Goosebumps littered the pale skin left exposed on Naoko's arms and legs. Her breath escaped her lips in clouds, billowing up before her eyes. Her mind was blank, memories of the night before buried deep as her focus shifted between her improvement and the trees that shadowed her peripheral.

Even clad in a turtleneck tank top and a pair of athletic shorts, skin showing for the first time in years probably, with multiple sets of eyes boring into her skin, her focus remained on those two things. The girl simply sat still, legs crossed beneath her and palms digging into the skin on her knees. An ice covered ground lay beneath her, frost creeping up her body as Shoto focused on controlling its speed from his place inside a barrel filled with hot water. Naoko focused on not melting the ice, but rather feeling it on her skin as long as she could.

Naoko could feel her heart seize multiple times, but she calmed her thoughts as she forced her body to accustom to the cold. Each rustle of a branch shot her nerves, each leaf that fluttered to the yellowing grass beneath her sent waves of fear through her body. Closing her eyes tight, Naoko trailed her fingertips over the bumps on her thighs, grounding herself.

Fucking goosebumps.

Now that was another distraction. Each shout from a gruff voice behind her, followed by more screaming and explosions, poked at her mind, begging her to approach him, to tell him the truth just one time in her sorry life. To tell him every terrifying thought she ever held of her father, whether flashes from the past or ideas far in the future - of his face cemented in demon-like glares as he yelled and pushed around her trembling figure, of the images that intruded her mind of him bloody and beaten with her standing over him.

But she couldn't. She couldn't jeopardize her growth for him. Her results were more important that whatever they had going on--if they even had anything. Maybe Naoko just imagined it all. Bakugo was after all the most brash person at U.A., the most determined to be the Number One Hero; why would he give a shit about high school romance?

The girl furrowed her brows at the thought of the blond, eyes opening to glare at the dry grass. A twig fell from a tree near the clearing they sat in, its movement making the girl flinch, a motion easily noticed by her brother who kept his gaze on her, fearing a repeat of the way he'd hurt her when they started school and participated in those battle trials with All Might. The ice crept away from her body, prompting her to glare at Shoto instead.

The boy blinked confusedly, unsure of why his sister seemed upset that he pulled back a bit. She clicked her teeth in irritation, standing up from her position and storming passed him. The boy swallowed down any comparisons he might've made before about her demeanor and icy glare.

The girl made her way to Aizawa, who was standing in front on Class 1-B, which had just shown up. She let him and Vlad King finish explaining their activities and the Pussycats' involvement before she stepped forward.