𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼

[𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼
[𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝓊𝓁𝓉, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓃

[𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼[𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝓊𝓁𝓉, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓃

Celestria's POV

We walk through the woods, looking for Cirilla. In fact, I don't even know what she looks like. I hope she looks like Pavetta. The merchant's wife said she met an orphan girl nearby. It's not every day young girls run through the forest.

"How's your leg?" I ask.

"It's better,"

"Are you nervous?" I ask, rubbing the sweat of my palms on my thighs, causing them to glisten in the sunlight that peaks through the leaves.

"Hmm," I stop abruptly causing Geralt to stop and look at me, my eyes already staring up at him.

"Look, I don't know what happened while you were out cold, but I need you to not shut me out, alright? I don't expect you to share what happened, or who the women from your dreams are," I reach my hand up and rest it on his cheek. His expression softens, he leans his face into my hand slightly. "I love you and I'm here for you. So when you're ready to talk, I'll be ready to listen but right now we need to not shut each other out, alright?"

"Alright, I don't mean to do it I just-"

"I know," I cut him off. He leans down and places a kiss to my lips. I immediately kiss back. We both pull away, allowing him to say his next words.

"We should probably get back to the horses and head to Sodden, I don't think she's here,"

"Yeah, you're right," We turn back, heading towards the barn.

"Wait!" We both turn around and see a little girl with snow-white hair running towards us. I grab his forearm.

"Geralt that's her," My voice barely above a whisper. She nears and she's the spitting image of Pavetta. She stops in front of us, her eyes welling with tears before she throws her arms around my waist. I wrap my arms protectively around her, scared that if I let go she'll disappear. She releases me before hugging Geralt, who hugs her back, his face still looking startled and confused. She releases him and I can't help but smile at the girl who is practically the same height as me. My hands cup her face, my thumb caresses her cheek. "You look just like her," I whisper to myself. She has Pavetta's blue eyes as well. "People linked by destiny," I look up at Geralt before looking back at Cirilla. "Will always find each other," Cirilla hugs me again, her head resting in the crook of my neck. I rub her back, placing a small kiss on the side of her head.

With her in my arms, this is what it feels like to be a mother. To love this little human being who you'd die for. She may not be my flesh and blood but this is my daughter. I promise I'll protect her, Pavetta, till my dying breath, they won't take her.