𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝒳𝐼

[𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝒳𝐼
[𝒴𝑒𝓃𝓃𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓇. 𝐼 𝒹𝒾𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁

 𝐼 𝒹𝒾𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁

Celestria POV

Ciri walks past Geralt and I having finished her conversation with Nenneke. She follows a timid and frail-looking boy. "Help me," She whispers, only receiving a chuckle.

"Have you jogged your memory?" Nenneke asks with a smirk.

"We have," Geralt answers, smiling down at me.

"Once you two knew of each others' existence, you became my biggest problem," She chuckles with nostalgia.

"We couldn't have been that bad Nenne," I chuckle, knowing damn well we probably we worse than she's letting on.

"The connection between you both was strong. Once you were aware of the other's existence, fate just couldn't wait,"

Geralt grumbles something incoherently, I only make out the word bullshit. I chuckle lightheartedly, my hand resting on his bicep as I turn my attention back to Nenneke. "So, now that you've had a chance to speak with her, what do you think?" I question softly, my hand resting on my bulging stomach.

"I don't see any side upon which you are not entirely fucked," Nenneke lowers her voice as she starts walking ahead of us, Geralt and I following after her. "She's a princess. Kingdoms will want her for her status. Nilfgaard already does. You know how many have been killed in pursuit of her?"

"Thousands, yes, I know," Geralt answers as he looks around, seeming far off.

"And if she has Elder blood, she's a fucking tinderbox," Nenneke's eyes drift to me as the words 'elder blood' leave her lips, but quickly looks away. Does she know something that I don't? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

"By all means, go on," Geralt quips, hinting that he gets her point.

"You said she recited Ithlinne's Prophecy during one of her episodes,"

"Yes, but we won't let what may or may not be folklore dictate our path," Geralt counters as we continue to walk through the temple. My feet and ankles ache with exhaustion as I try to ignore the pain.

"What does she know of the Wild Hunt?" Nenneke questions, receiving my confused expression in return.

"I assume she believes what everyone else does. What are getting at Nenne?" I question softly, trying very hard not to grit my teeth in annoyance from my swollen ankles.

"She's a Child of Destiny,"

"We've got a Child of Fate and a Child of Destiny, lucky us," I grumble, my fingers pinching the bridge of my nose in irritation.

"Cele, there are forces at play larger than we know. You both are a part of her. Just like you both are a part of this little one," Nenneke gently placed her hands on my belly, the baby kicking quite hard in response, making the older woman smile gently. "And they are a part of you. But it's not enough,"