𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼

[𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼
[𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓋𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓁𝓎

[𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼[𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓋𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓁𝓎

Geralt POV

Celestria was too tired to stay up to interrogate Nivellen with me so instead, she went to bed. It's probably for the best, she's closer to Cirilla in case anything happens. I place my cup down as I pick up one of the daggers, ready to get some answers out of Nivellen, using a drinking game.

I throw one of the daggers and furrow my eyebrows as it misses Nivellen's father's head. "Let's start with the obvious," Nivellen begins as he hands me my mug of ale. "How in the name of all that's sacred, how did you find yourself looking after a young girl and courting one of the most powerful Queens in all the kingdoms?"

"I promised her grandmother before she died," I explain, taking a sip before continuing. "And Celestria, she happened to come into my life at a time where I truly believed I needed no one. She proved me wrong,"

I watch as Nivellen picks up a dagger and throws it, the dagger lodging perfectly into his father's head. I grab a knife, holding my medallion as I throw and still miss. Nivellen chuckles before asking his next question. "What's your plan?"

"Keep her alive. Keep them both alive, although Ria is capable of doing that on her own," I answer simply.

"That's it?" Nivellen asks.

"We can protect her from any mark of man or monster," I answer. "And you said so yourself. The world is changing. Perhaps that's why the Law of Surprise brought us together,"

"Oh, that devious chestnut,"

"Hmm,"

"The plot thickens, huh?" Nivellen chuckles, sounding slightly too excited.

"Your turn,"

Nivellen picks up two knives, throwing them and they both land perfectly on his father's head. "Bullseye," He hands me another knife and I chuck it at the painting, once again missing. Nivellen chuckles airily. "You've become a lightweight, old friend,"

"So it seems,"

"You spend a lifetime alone, then you claim a child of an ancient promise of destiny. What changed you?"

"Who," I correct. "Celestria of Valhalla. She's stubborn and has a mouth on her but she never gave up on me. She proved that even I could be loved. She showed me that nothing was perfect but that's what made it beautiful,"

Celestria POV

I wipe my forehead with a sigh, bringing the glass of water to my lips. Why can't I keep food down for just a day? I sit back on my bed as I take in a deep breath trying to calm down my swirling stomach. I stretch my neck but pause for a second as I hear skittering from Cirilla's room.