Chapter 10

Rosepaw practically jumped out of her pelt when they started yowling. Darkpaw snickered and she glared at him. She didn't remember anything after dozing off... while leaning on him. Her face turned red and she sat back down.

"So... why's everyone yelling?" She said hoping Darkpaw didn't see her embarrassment. 

"Just look up front." She did and what she saw shocked her.

"WHAT IS AMBERPELT DOING THERE!?" She hissed standing up.

"She became the leader of DarkClan. Not a surprise. She's the worst cat ever and she joined the worst Clan ever." Darkpaw growled. 

"Quiet down FireClan! Let's hear what she has to say." Lilystar's voice rung throughout the island. Everyone immediately sat back down and listened. 

"Thank you for quieting down that mob you call a Clan. Anyways, I wouldn't want to disturb the gathering so meet me at the Jade of Tall Rocks in exactly 3 days. I'd like to have a chat with you." She smirked and looked down at all the cats, especially FireClan, to see if anyone challenged her. No one did. Rosepaw glared at her. She wanted to rip that fleabrain to shreds. She started tearing at the grass when Darkpaw put his tail on her shoulder.

"Calm down. I know you're angry but we don't want to attract any attention." He whispered. She nodded and stopped but she was still furious. How dare she challenge FireClan? As Amberstar looked, her eyes met her old apprentice's angry glare. She smirked again saying, "I hope my apprentice is doing well." Yes, I am. In fact, I'm doing WAY better without you. Rosepaw thought. The gathering ended and all the Clans split up whispering to one another. FireClan and DarkClan hissed and growled at each other while the other two Clans left peacefully. 

When they came back to camp, Lilystar called a meeting. 

"All cats who can catch their own prey gather around for a Clan meeting." Everyone gather around and listened. Lilystar gave them a summary of what happened at the gathering and the cats who didn't go were shocked. 

"So, we must prepare for war. All mentors, focus on training your apprentices. Prey can be hunted by the other warriors. I want everyone to eat well and get good rest. We don't have much time. May StarClan wish us luck. Meeting over." She finished and headed to the medicine cat den. Everyone else quickly split up to their dens. The queens lectured their kits about it and made them promise not to sneak out. The warriors and apprentices talked with each to their dens. Rosepaw quietly padded to the apprentice's den. She saw Frozenpaw on top of Lionpaw, both of them sleeping. She smiled and padded inside. I should be nicer to them. I mean, there's nothing wrong with knowing I like Darkpaw. Plus, we'll be in war in 3 days. 

Sorry this chapter's short! I promise the next one will be exciting!